cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO Freezes during Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO Freezes during Update

Hi there, my EVO is saying that it has an update, 3.70.651.1. When I try to install it, the EVO tries to restart and then freezes on the white HTC screen. The only way to unfreeze it is to pull the battery. I even tried restoring the EVO to its factory settings. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, did you get it fixed? I tried posting this on HTC's website, but no one even attempted to help. Hopefully someone here can help.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: EVO Freezes during Update

I have not seen this occur but once or twice with this particular EVO update. I can call you and we can go through what we call an RTN, which is another form of a hard reset. If it still freezes after we try that process I can get you set up with a service ticket and an appointment for a service and repair center and they upload the new firmware version for you. Please send me a private message with a contact number for you.

Misty

Technical Support

Journeyman

Re: EVO Freezes during Update

If I do that reset, I will lose all of my data again, correct? Is there any way to back up everything on my phone before I reset it?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat