cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO Length Delays or Won't Connect to Gtalk via 4G

EVO Length Delays or Won't Connect to Gtalk via 4G

I'm able to connect to Gtalk via WiFi or via 3G. If I switch 4G on then I will be connected for a short while to Gtalk then it seems to somehow refresh and I see a notice that GTalk is trying (and failing) to login.

This is  bigger annoyance than it might seem because I've found (and read online) that if Gtalk cannot connect then you also cannot download from the Android Market.

I'm wondering if there's a fix pending or this? I'm still within my 30 days and if there's not a fix within 30 I'll bundle everything back up.

I have extensive Android experience and also own a Droid X which does not exhibit this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: EVO Length Delays or Won't Connect to Gtalk via 4G

Problem solved. Cancelled account with Sprint.

Spoke to several different technical support representatives -  each of who had a different response to why the HTC EVO 4G that I have won't connect to GTalk reliably under 4G.

Rather than run the risk of being stuck in a 2 year contract I cancelled today.

My experience with Sprint technical support was very sub-par.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: EVO Length Delays or Won't Connect to Gtalk via 4G

Sprint, do you have any repsonse to this issue?

I'm experiencing the same problem with 3G, and started a thread here:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/47837?tstart=0

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat