cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO Problems : Screen Separation Defect

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO Problems : Screen Separation Defect

I just wanted to add my voice to the crowd and say that I also have this issue. And it is getting worse every day. Holding the phone upright, with the function buttons on the bottom, this has been my experience.

Days 1-3

Small light leakage begins to appear beneath home button.

Days 4-6

Light leakage can now be seen beneath all buttons.

Days 7-10

-Light leakage beneath the home button is visible even when inside my office, all other buttons have minor light leakage.

-Bottom left of the device is starting to stick up noticeably.

Days 11-13

Sides of the device are starting to bulge. Though the major issue is that I see a piece of lint from my pocket stuck in the separation of the glass and the plastic bezel. It is already too deep to try and pluck with tweezers. I watch over the next several days as the lint sinks deeper into the separation. This only allows more room for dirt to accumulate there.

Day 14

As it stands;

-Light leaks majorly from the bottom of the device beneath the buttons.

-Light minor leaks from the sides of the device.

-Dirt and grime are accumulating in the sides of my device. Slipping beneath to end up where? (My fear is that it will appear over the screen at some point)

Conclusion:

I love almost everything about the EVO, but this defect is a deal breaker. Because when will this separation stop? I mean, in a months time I can only see the flaw getting much much worse.

I would also love to purchase this phone for my wife, but will be holding off until this major defect (yes, not minor but major) gets fixed.

I will be taking this device back to the Best Buy either for a reactivation of my old phone until the defect is fixed.

-thanks

Jared Folkins

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

there's already a thread for that... come on it's on the first page:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/34515?tstart=0

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat