cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO Stopped Vibrating

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO Stopped Vibrating

It's been two days no and my EVO still won't vibrate. I've uninstalled everything that I've installed before it started happening. Sound Manager, etc. NONE of those worked. Rebooted, took out the battery...still nothing. I really would hate to have to do a Hard Reset just to get this working. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

You can try the vibrator test on your device by pulling up your dial pad and dialing *#*#3424#*#/*. You will get a list of HTC Function Test Programs and you will see one for vibrator test. Select that box and press run. Then another screen will appear and press the start button on that screen. It will start the test. If you hear or feel it vibrating then it is working. If not, you may want to take your phone to a service and repair center for further diagnosis. Hope this helps.

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope..that didn't work either. Now I'm pissed cause I did the Hard Reset and guess what...it STILL won't vibrate...

Highlighted

Yep, it sounds like a trip to the service and repair center. www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too had this problem with my EVO.  Starting in February it would sporadically vibrate, sometimes it would work and other times it would not.  This last week it was really bad and didn't vibrate for a good 10 days. I tried the sound manager as well as the function test to no avail. Today I took the phone to Sprint and the tech found out that there was pocket lint on the vibrate motor which was preventing it from spinning and working. He cleaned it out in 10 minutes and now it works as good as new. As others have said just take it in and you'll get everything squared away.  Good luck

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat