Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO and EPIC Internet Latency

Journeyman

EVO and EPIC Internet Latency

Can anyone at Sprint tell us when Internet Latency will be fixed?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: EVO and EPIC Internet Latency

Please be more specific.  Tell us exactly how you are testing and what the numerical results are.  Ping or Speedtest.net would be most helpful.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just tested using the Speedtest.net app on my Evo in Minneapolis.

3G testing:

Server: Chicago

Latency: 136 ms

Download speed: 467 Kbps

Upload speed: 612 Kbps

Speed is always much better at night.

4G testing:

Server: Chicago

Latency: 149 ms

Download speed: 3108 Kbps

Upload speed: 998 Kbps

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for answering.  I've called tech support and they tell me they are having a network problem with android phone.  We are experiencing very slow access to websites and cannot even get to android market.  If you look at other posts you see that it is occuring in NY and Chi & other places.  I am in Cincinnati.

Sometimes it takes 10 minutes for Google to come up.  Other sites might come right up.  Hit and miss.  Hope this help explain what the problem is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a nationwide problem and I am experiencing the same issues in DFW Texas.

Dont bother calling in tech and phone support dont know squat and will have you do all kinds of updates and even resets to try and fix it.  I did all of these and it was a waste of time.

Dont bother taking your phone in to a store because they had me send mine in and run tests on it.  They gave it back to me and said everything was working properly.  Told me that any issues I am having with internet speed are likely because I have my phone overloaded with CPU hungry apps (of course I took the phone in for testing after performing a factory reset) and it was my fault.

Either everyone at sprint is braindead or they are not wanting to let their customers know whats really going on.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat