Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO issues

Highlighted
Patron

EVO issues

Greetings Sprint and fellow EVO users.

I upgraded to this phone when it first debuted and, it is HANDS DOWN THE BEST device I have ever owned.

With that said, here are the problems I am experiencing now:

1. The device will turn off on its own, without warning - even when the battery is fully charged.  It has done this to me countless times now while I am using it and while it is "at rest" with the screen off and in my pocket or sitting on the table, etc.

2. The battery goes form yellow indicator (more than 15%) to 5% to shut down in a matter of minutes, again while not in active use.

3. The screen freezes while being used and becomes unresponsive for approx 2 minutes, and then the device restarts on its own.

I am curious - are any other users experiencing these same problems, &

SPRINT - what is being done to rectify these problems?

I have ran multiple power cycles on the device multiple times after experiecing these issues to no avail.

I do not run many apps at any given time, and make sure I completely shut down and exit any that I do use.

Other than when I first took possession of my first model when it debuted (the screen went completely black and useless and would not come on, the day after I bought the device... I was told it was the first such reported error in the nation with the EVO) I have had no problems with this device.  These problems mentioned above began occurring irregularly approx 1 month ago, and now regularly and frequently for 1 week now.

Thanks,

Brian

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

EVO issues

My phone which is a brand new replacement is cutting off by itself. I had an extra battery, it powered up, however it is cut off again and i don't know what's up. I guess i'll contact sprint, it's my business line which is an emergency company line, one call could lose me any where from 5k to 20k dollars. I'm pissed.

Journeyman

EVO issues

Dang it, I posted earlier and said I have had NO problems with my EVO, but now that I read your post I realize mine has done the same things. Restarting on its own, freezing for a couple minutes then restarting itself. I guess I forgot about those things because it doesnt happen very often, but you said yours is doing it more frequently now, so mine might start messing up more too. HEY SPRINT, FIX IT

Master

EVO issues

I have an EVO also and haven't had the issue you are reporting. However the power management software or the battery itself would seem to be the most likely reasons for this. A Sprint authorized repair center can plug the device and do a SLATE analysis to determine exactly what is occurring. Doing this is the most direct time saving method of discovering why and what is occurring. Over the life of the phone a file in the power management software program can become fragmented and cause the issue. It can also be any other program on the phone that causes this issue.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

To see the status of upgrades in you area go to https://network.sprint.com/

Journeyman

EVO issues

Just as you said in another post of yours:

"THAT PHONE SUCKS lol but I dont think you can really blame Sprint for that, blame Samsung, they made the darn thing."

Why would Sprint need to fix the issue?  You should be telling HTC to fix it, right?

SlightlyAnnoyed wrote:

Dang it, I posted earlier and said I have had NO problems with my EVO, but now that I read your post I realize mine has done the same things. Restarting on its own, freezing for a couple minutes then restarting itself. I guess I forgot about those things because it doesnt happen very often, but you said yours is doing it more frequently now, so mine might start messing up more too. HEY SPRINT, FIX IT

Master

EVO issues

I had the restart issue a while back on the previous update, not the 3.5.0 that we recently received. To stop it I ended up finally doing a hard reset. The battery issue could be somehting wrong with the battery iteself, may have to goto a Sprint store for that.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat