Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO update broke streaming audio DEMAND FOR RESPONSE

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO update broke streaming audio DEMAND FOR RESPONSE

Despite the fact that the main thread REPEATEDLY brings up the fact that the update broke something which should work (namely apps like Sirius XM Online) there has been no official response in this forum.

So I ask the Sprint employees, WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED? I consider my phone to be non-functioning so long as this is an issue.

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Journeyman

My streaming is back after the fix, checked Navigation and it seems to be fine. You might try rebooting or do a factory reset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yesterday I tried replacing both the HTTP PD Proxy Port and the HTTP PD Proxy Address with 0 and 0.0.0.0 respectively.  I only tested with NPR streaming.  NPR force closed and I figured that this workaround didn't work for me.  NO straeming was working on my phone, not YouTube, Pandora, Sprint TV and others.  I didn't try AOnline.

I just now replaced only the HTTP PD Proxy Address with 0.0.0.0.  Now everything works EXCEPT NPR, which still force closes.

I had learned about the fix elsewhere (can't remember where), but there they said that an update fix was expected this coming week.  I don't know where they got that info.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How are you trying to get NPR? I use an application from the Market called Public Radio Streaming Live and the fix worked on that. It's also worth paying for - it's s really nice public radio app that gets updated frequently and response to email is excellent. I have no interest in the app or it's developers, I just think it's a fine app.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I use the free NPR News app.  In that app, go to Stations and get to a station.  From there you'll see.  The NPR app is WONDERFUL--when it works!  It never didn't work before this update, I believe, though I hadn't used it for awhile.

Oops!  Just discovered NPR fails even on WIFI.

Update: They fixed NPR.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for this post...helped perfectly!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was having the same problem with my Sirius XM online not working and from reading the online post from diffrent sites.

HTTP PD Proxy Port: 8085

Changed HTTP PD Proxy Address: 0.0.0.0

The Commit Modifications..

I clicked on my Siruis XM app and started to work...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just spoke with Sprint advanced Android support.  The person I spoke to, surprisingly, was unfamiliar with the problem.  Her supervisor, however, told her that Sprint is preparing an update to fix the problem.  He told her that until the next update is released, the workaround that is in this thread is the best workaround (I only changed HTTP PD Server and not the port).  He didn't mention the thread, just the workaround, of course. 

I am surprised that a big company like Sprint is acting like a big company named Toyota and not getting the word out and taking their lumps.  I get a kick out of reading the reviews now of any streaming app.  They complain that the app only works on WIFI.  I'm surprised that the developer community isn't in an uproar, but I guess there aren't that many streaming apps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, check this out!  I went to my local Sprint store today and told the manager i was having streaming issues with my Evo and that I use Iheartradio and he said that Sprint just put out a memo this morning saying they have a "band-aid" fix for it.  He said all streaming programs were having the same issue and Sprint finally agrees they screwed something up. Sprint will also be sending out an update fix to fix it soon!   He had my Evo serviced and the fix seems to be working (since 2pm) so far and I at would say it is at least 95% better.  it logs on quickly now and stays connected way, way better.  WI-Fi works great as well, so head on down to Sprint and give it a go.

Kevin M.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update: "it's not working" the band-aid stopped working about two days later! I sure hope Sprint comes up with an update because I sure like streaming music!

Kevin M

Highlighted
Journeyman

goofyfoot123 wrote:

Update: "it's not working" the band-aid stopped working about two days later! I sure hope Sprint comes up with an update because I sure like streaming music!

Kevin M

Nope. If you corrected the proxy settings, everything still works.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What are the correct settings?  I zeroed out my HTTP PD Proxy server (but not the port) per the instructions in this thread.  But since people have been saying Sprint has a fix, I've been wondering what it and the correct settings are..

Highlighted
Journeyman

mpmpmpmp1 wrote:

What are the correct settings?  I zeroed out my HTTP PD Proxy server (but not the port) per the instructions in this thread.  But since people have been saying Sprint has a fix, I've been wondering what it and the correct settings are..

Zeroing it out effectively turns off the use of a proxy, which is a good thing. (The broken proxy server is why it wouldn't work.)

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat