cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO will not send MMS messages.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recently replaced my HTC Evo 4g through the total equipment replacement program after my old phone didn't survive some water damage from a rainstorm I was stuck outside in.  After i got the new phone I managed to replace everything from my old phone with no problem.   However, i can't send picture messages with the new phone.  I go through the steps of attaching the pic to a text or trying to send the pic directly from my gallery.  Each time i do this all i get is the the clock image of the message waiting to send and after about 15 minutes nothing has occured still.  I also tried it with the Handcent app from the market with no luck.  This happens at home where I am connected to my airrave and WiFi and it also happens anywhere else I go with full 3g service.  I have searched for updates to my HTC software and my apps with no luck.  Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
GrandMaster

start with the usual. power cycle the phone. pull the battery for a couple minutes, power back on and update your profile and prl. when youre sending a pic message it has to go through as data. cant remember if you can or cant send while on wifi..i know mine has had a problem the last few times i tried it while wifi was on. but with normal 3G it worked fine. do you have any issues getting on the browser?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I tried all of that with no luck. I can access the browser or any other network functions with no issues. Also I can't send pictures whether I am on wifi or 3g with no wifi connection.

Journeyman

Anyone else have any ideas?

GrandMaster

there is a reset that sprint tech support can do from their computers. it basically resets  your reception and so on. might help. then again it might not. all i can think of to try. sorry *shrug*

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat