cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Problems; Unable to delete emails>these emails are from my other account

Highlighted

I have had a problem "MAIL" folder indicates new mail.  I am unable to delete this email.  When I attempt to open the email it goes into a blank then immedeatly takes me back to the email inbox.  When I hit Menu then delete, the email does not appear on the deletion menu.  I have multiple emails email accounts. One Google and two aol.  After playing with it I noticed that these emails I could not delete were emails I had recieved to my aol1 account appearing on my aol2's email. 

I took it to a Sprint store and was advised to use the google app for my google account and not add it to my mail accounts.  It seemed that the problem was solved for a bit but now I am still getting these ghost emails which I cannot delete.  It's annoying to always have those 9 emails in my inbox appear as new and not be able to delete them.

Hope I am clear on this problem and hope someone out there has some tips.

1 REPLY 1
Master

A better permanent solution would be to use the K9 app from the market for your email. The stock app may work if you delete the emails and also clear any data associated with those account and then reinstall the email accounts. If that doesn't work you may be left with the option to reset the phone but that leads to quite a bit of work.

Here is a link to the K9 app for you to look at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fsck.k9&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5mc....

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat