Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emoticons

Highlighted
Journeyman

Emoticons

Is there a way to make the emoticons available under the attachments tab in the messaging screen?  My fiancee has an Android phone that lets her select the emoticon directly instead of typing :-).  This option isn't showing up in my EVO.  Is this something I have to enable?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

I think that depends on the keyboard you are using. I am using Thumb Keyboard from the market (not free) and I have a button that I click to pick the emoticon. I haven't used the standard keyboard that came with my Evo 4g or the 3d, so I don't know if those keyboards even have the option. I thought swipe did. What keyboard does your girlfriend's phone have?

Highlighted
Wizard

The only way I have figured out how to do it is to press menu while you're typing a message and clicking on insert smiley.

Highlighted
Journeyman

She has a MyTouch 4G and she's using the standard keyboard with swype.  I'm using the same thing only on the evo.  I did find the insert smiley thing though so thanks David

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it also depends on which text app she is using. my girlfriends phone is pretty much using the same thing as handcent and thats stock for her. i went with handcent when i noticed the time/date issues with the stock one through google.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat