cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 1012 or 67 Resolved Without A Hard Reset

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had problems with my data connection on my EVO 4G and decided to figure out how to restore the data connection if the ##3282# restore modifications in the data profile does not work.  Here are the steps to restore 3G data connection: (You must be connected to Wi-Fi)

1  Go to menu then settings

2 Select Wi-Fi and choose a network

3 Go back home and select settings

4 Scroll down to system updates

5 Select update profile (DO NOT HIT CANCEL WHILE THIS IS IN PROGRESS)

6 Select OK to continue

7 Go to menu and select settings

8 Scroll down to update PRL (AGAIN DO NOT HIT CANCEL WHILE THIS IS IN PROGRESS)

9 Tap ok to continue

10 Go to menu select settings

11 Select wireless and networks and turn off Wi-Fi

9 REPLIES
Master

Error code 67 just means the credentials on your device do not match the credentials on our network and so you are being rejected to access the web...Error code 1012 just means you have no credentials on your device at all...by updating profile, it replaces the incorrect values on your handset so that they match the network thereby allowing you to have data...We only push out the correct credentials (IOTA) on our cellular network.  Wifi shouldn't have anything to do with it at all...

Journeyman

Well Wi-Fi did fix itself when I lost the 3G data connection with those error codes and the steps I mentioned did work for mine anyway

Master

Well, I'm glad it worked.  Hopefully your steps will help someone else as well-

Thanks

-John

Journeyman

Thank you for this info, you are CORRECT it tell people to open a Wi-Fi network... If you do not do this your phone has no way to get on a network.

Awesom Post!!

Journeyman

Ok, this did not work for me.  When I tried to update my profile, I got the Error Code 1012.  What do I do now????

Journeyman

Well whats the fix to this?

I have this error code 67 and it's very annoying. 2:15am

GrandMaster

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/network-and-coverage/blog/2011/10/26/spr...

this will explain what the codes mean

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

There are several things that can cause the problem.  The first step is power cycle the device py removing the battery and retry.   If problem is still there update data profile on device.  Main screen. Menu  settings. system update  update profile.    If update completes test to ensure can go to the internet.   If still not working ensure you can make phone calls.    Call customer service from separate device so we can trouble shoot the problem. 

Journeyman

You fixed my Sprint HTC EVO 4g and the Sprint Rep couldnt....Troubling

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat