cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 97?

GrandMaster

Error code 97?

wish that was the issue in my area lol. 4G would be great. 2 other people in my fam have sprint and live in the same town as i do. one had to get a airave because her reception dropped to nothing at her home where it used to be at least 3 bars. the other fam bam member usually got 1-2 bars at his house but never had any issues with data...now he is better off just smacking rocks together. there has been a rumor that sprint is switching over to some differnt kind of towers since they lost use of some of the others when their contract was up. but again its just rumor.

**************************************************************I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own.*************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Error code 97?

Hello, I have the same issue with my EVO 3D plus other issues and waisted 18 hours with the Sprint run around this past week.

Went to Sprint repair. The same day other issues showed up and they wanted me to go back to the shop 2 hours later.

They will not fix this. They have network issues. They will not give you a stright answer. They are banking you will put up with their bs.

They will not provide you with an incedent report.

If I get fired from my job for not responding to text messages from my employer when I'm on call, there will be a law suit.

Contacting the FCC tomorrow.

Purchased sprint-survey.com today.

Journeyman

Re: Error code 97?

I am also getting this issue on my LG Rumor.  Any news on when this issue will/can be fixed?

Journeyman

I also was recieving error code 97 called sprint 20 minutes on the phone no fix.With a little research i found the fix for my EVO LTE

login wifi go to settings sofware updates then Update profile after that is done update PRL Problem fixed! Hope this helps someone else

Journeyman

I just started getting this same Error code today. I've attempted to update profile only to receive the error code again. If I try it while connected to WiFi I get a message saying vDM Client has stopped unexpectadly. I was already on the phone with Sprint help for at least an hour to no avail.

Journeyman

SPRINT ERROR CODE 97:

Error Code 97

Network error. Sign in failed. Please

wait a moment and try again. You may

need to go to Settings and select Update

Data Profile. If this problem persists,

you may need to contact Customer

Care.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got the Galaxy S III yesterday would not send text got code 97 after reading post on hear i made sure i updated the phone PRL and Profile let them know i had a Airave at home the reset it and now it works fine so far

Journeyman

Shane if you are still with sprint please respond to this, we have 4 of the S3 phones and only one of these is having the code 97 problem, please help.

Master

Are you connecting through an airave?   Is it limited to one location or every where?  Can you receive text messages?  Given the other devices work this looks like a set up or device issue.

Journeyman

Problem Solved I upgraded to the Note 2 from my evo 4g. I have an air rave in my home. When I got home my new phone wouldnt send text but I could get them. I didnt realize my old phone the evo 4g was still charged and turned on and on the charger even though I changed services to the new Note 2. Do this turn off the  new phone then  If your old phone is still in the house with the air rave put it on airplane mode. then restart the new phone. it may take a little bit but that damm airrave will pick up your new phone, mine only took about a half hr and ever since three days ago has been fine. Stop letting sprint reset your phones thats not going to clear the 97 error. 97 error is your airrave or someone in your area close by has one. 97 error is your phone saying you dont have permission to do something. IE somethng elsa is connected to the airrave. James in the air rave tech support dept figured it out right away. he knew what I was talking about in 2 seconds. I cant say the same about the rest of sprint air rave people I put 5 calls into them before getting this guy James. I would be willing to bet your 97 errors dont happen when you leave your home and get out on the road away from your neighborhood.