cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 4G - Camera/Scanning causes reboot, dead battery?

Journeyman

Evo 4G - Camera/Scanning causes reboot, dead battery?

When I try to take a photo, especially with flash, my phone powers off. It seems to just die, not displaying the usual "powering down" sequence. The same happens if I try to use Shopkick or any other barcode or QR scanning app. The phone is then immediately drained of all battery, to the point where it doesn't have enough power to turn back on, so it displays the 4G animation and then shuts off again.

I am running Android 2.3.5 and have only used apps from the Play store. Any thoughts? I tried all the phone's system update options and they're all up to date.

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Evo 4G - Camera/Scanning causes reboot, dead battery?

Marissagg, What software version are you running on the phone?  I'm talking about the Sprint version, not the Android.  We pushed a fix for a similar issue with the version 3.30.651.3 but if it's still happening, they advise backing up all data and doing a factory reset. If you've already done that, it's probably best to visit a service and repair facility to see if they can assist. - Christy

Sprint Social Care

GrandMaster

Re: Evo 4G - Camera/Scanning causes reboot, dead battery?

also have you attempted to clear the data and cache on the camera app itself in case its bugged up and causing this? also keep in mind that unless you purchased a new battery for it recently this phone is REALLY old..the battery itself could also be on its last leg.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat