I did some searching but didn't really see anything (yes, it's early and I could have just plain missed it). Anyone else a little annoyed by the fact that the most recent OTA breaks ActiveSync? I'm pretty sure it has to do with Exchange Encryption (which shouldn't be anything revolutionary to any large busines really). Anyone know of any timeline on getting it fixed?
I got a message from HTC this morning, they said they are putting a hold on the update until they fix the problems with 2.3 but didnt give a time frame
I've looked through all Sprint Known issues with the Gingerbread update, as well as searched the web for other Evo users with the same issue, and asked other agents if they have any issue or heard of anyone having an issue with Exchange Activesync after the update and I'm coming up with nothing. Have you done any troubleshooting yourself or any steps to fix it so far? What is the error message, or what happens when you try to sync your Email/contacts etc?
Since I upgraded to Gingerbread, my EVO 4G won't sync properly with the Calendar aspect of Exchange. Better get it fixed quick as this EVO is useless to me without proper Exchange sync.
My understanding from a co-worker is that it is a known issue with 2.3.3 and has to do with how it handles the SSL Handshake. Supposedtly they fixed it in 2.3.4, but even that seems very platform dependent; some say it's fixed, others say it isn't.
I have to take my phone in to get some work on it for the speaker (under warrantee) and i'm going to try my hardest to get a different phone running Froyo (not likely).
I updated my Evo 4G to 2.3.3 (4.22.651.2) this week and I can no longer sync my Exchange calendar (ActiveSync), mail and contacts are still working fine. In the past the one time I had syncing problems with 2.2 I fixed it by turning off calendar syncing and then going under Applications->All->Calendar Storage and "Clear Data". At which point I go back and turn on calendar syncing and I have all my calendar information. This time after going through the same routine I get no errors but I also have no calendar items from exchange.
Like the above posts, having working exchange sync is one of the main uses of my phone.
Just to make sure it gets out there. I'm pretty sure Activesync is now borked on my phone. I updated my password and now I can't connect to the corporate portal. Weird i know, but EVERYTHING i've tried with the corporate IT support hasn't worked, and the only thing that has changed besides my password has been my upgrade to gingerbread. I honestly can't believe that Exchange ActiveSync wasn't thoroughly vetted before this software was released.
Oh well, I just wanted to make sure people knew this was happening to more people and to provide specifics on my situation.
I also found that the exchange activesync stopped working after upgrading to 2.3.3. No email, no calendar, no everything from the exchange server.
Also the HTC Sense UI crashs and restarts pretty frequently on my Evo.
Well, I was looking forward to 2.3.3, which would allow me test NDK r5 code. Now I am a little bit upset about jumping to 2.3.3 (too soon)...
I managed to get my calendar syncing again by removing my exchange activesync account and then adding back the account via the manual method. At first I didn't think it worked because my calendar was still empty but when I checked a little while later it had pulled down my calendar. I never had a problem with my email or contacts syncing and that is still working after removing and re-adding the account.
Well, that's good to hear I guess. I did a factory reset after upgrading and I cannot even create my ActiveSync account due to the failure of the SSL handshake. My co-worker who also upgraded to 2.3.3 but didn't factory-reset cannot sync due to a constant cert error.
I'm partially mad at myself for jumping at 2.3.3; partially mad at Google / Sprint for pushing an upgrade / OTA without fully testing something as big as ActiveSync...
After having the exact same issues I found a work around. I was unable to sync anything and continuously received the "unable to connect to server" message. Even when I tried going through the web browser to my Outlook Web Access page I had the same problem. I installed the new firefox web browser, but the same error occurred. I tried deleting the account and recreating it, same issue. Finally I decided to try going straight to the source.
WORKED FOR ME BELOW
If you put in the IP address of the email server instead of the fqdn it will then work. This means putting in "126.96.36.199" instead of "company.com" for the server name. When I did this I received the "invalid SSL cert" message and was able to continue the setup. It has worked with no issues since then. This would seem to validate that there are issues with the update and the handling of SSL certs.