cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo 4g not getting text messages

Highlighted
Patron

Had EVO for about six months and just recently not receiving text messages. I live in northern California and like I said only just started having this problem. Like ill send a text at say 6:30pm get a text at 9:00pm but time stamped 6:35pm. Have done soft resets, hard resets, battery pulling, every single thing I can think of and still having a problem. Just curious on what else I can do to help solve this issue.

Also phone is fully updated, 2.3.3 I believe

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

I'm sorry you're having issues with your text messaging. Do you have any 3rd pty messaging app downloaded on your EVO? If yes, delete the app and power cycle the phone, have someone send you text message. Make sure Software is updated to 4.54.651.1. I think the Android Version is correct on your phone which is 2.3.3.

Patron

No third party apps, software version is correct, and have power cycled. Just curious what causes this problem usually? and is there any way particular hardware builds that are more specifically prone to these problems? Thanks again for your help.

Master

The only time you get delayed text messages is when your phone goes into roaming or if there is any cell site maintenance.On your previous post you mentioned that you've already done hard reset on the device.I would suggest you to call Advance Technical Support(8882114727) and have them check Metcalf(Text Messaging Tool) and possibly create a CTMS Ticket for text messaging issues.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat