cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo Accessories?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Evo Accessories?

I pre-ordered my Evo from Radioshack, like many others. Does anyone know what accessories are going to be available for the evo at RadioShack that I can purchase with the $20 gift card that i am getting because i pre-ordered?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Patron

I pre-ordered my Evo 4g at Best Buy so I could get the instant rebate and not deal with the mail-in garbage, I'm sure this was part of your motivation as well. I was wondering the same thing about the accesories since you never know what you're going to get when you order them online. I certainly would rather buy them in the store. If anyone knows what Radio Shack or Best Buy will have, we'd love to hear it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My friend called and said they received a Shipment tonight, and will have another one tomorrow of Accessories for the Evo.  They are not permitted to put them on the floor until Friday, but said surprisingly they got accessories in for the launch of a Phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Frijoleluna wrote:

I pre-ordered my Evo 4g at Best Buy so I could get the instant rebate and not deal with the mail-in garbage, I'm sure this was part of your motivation as well. I was wondering the same thing about the accesories since you never know what you're going to get when you order them online. I certainly would rather buy them in the store. If anyone knows what Radio Shack or Best Buy will have, we'd love to hear it.

Here's what Sprint.com shows.

Accessories will be in the stores soon -- different options like phone covers, gels, shields, screen protectors, car kit, etc., etc..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will the accessories be available tomorrow upon release of the Evo? I really want a silicon skin so i can protect the Evo the second it comes out of the box.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got my silicon case/car charger/screen protector off ebay! $9

Highlighted
Journeyman

The rep at my local radio shack called to set up my appointment for tomorrow morning.  I asked about accessories and she said they had the phones but no accessories yet.  She thought that they would come in on the truck tomorrow (the 4th) at 6:00pm.  I wish this phone at least came with a micro usb car charger... Sprint wants $34 for theirs.  I already have about 10 mini usb and car chargers but no micro usb

Highlighted
Journeyman

Use a Mini to micro usb converter for all of your mini usb accessories

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you use essentially any micro-USB car charger, including non-OEM ones? Any suggestions for good inexpensive ones. Sprint's $35 seems high.

Highlighted
Master

Car charger, yes. Wall charger, no (explained below). I use an iGo car charger, so all I had to buy this time around was 2 new tips instead of a whole charger. Current price for the iGo car charger is $24.99 at Radio Shack plus half cost for your first tip.

Now onto my wall charger explanation. Allot of pre-orders at Best Buy received a BlueTooth ear piece (limited qty) which came with a MicroUSB wall charger which I thought was perfect as I could use the USB cable that came with the EVO at work on my PC and the wall charger at home. Unfortunately, I found out that the Wall Charger which has the same output voltage, only has 180mA which isn't enough to charge the EVO. So the amber LED lights briefly before turning back off, so it never actually charges. The EVO came with a wall charger piece that outputs 1A which appears to be what's needed to charge the EVO.  

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat