Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo Update 2.3.3. - Compass Problem

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I too am having the issue with the compass not being correct.  Has anyone found a resolution for this issue?  Will a factory reset resolve? Thanks in advance for the help!

Highlighted
Journeyman

A reset will not fix the compass issue. 

There is a running list of issues with the GB update for the EVO 4G.  Go to www.androidcentral.com to view the list.  The compass issue was reported by Day 2 of the release.

There are other product launches coming soon, such as EVO 3D on June 24th, that depend on GB.  It may have GB2.3.4 (just guessing)  whereas the EVO 4G has GB2.3.3.  Hopefully, GB2.3.4 fixes most of the issues and will be pushed out to us EVO 3G users soon.

I am optimistically hopeful that Google/HTC/Sprint will get these issues resolved relatively soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI there is a compass app from Google, just a little compass, that was updated a few days ago and seems to sorta work now.  It's changes list GB compatibility.  Go figure.. 

I'm am more bummed about this than anything else, the compass bit.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Everyone with this problem needs to call HTC Technical Support at 1-866-449-8358, 6 am to 1 am EST, 7 days a week. I just talked to them and they need more complaints to do anything.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Evo Update 2.3.3. - Compass Problem

I just received this from HTC :

Dear Gary Mattingly,

Thank you for the detailed information you have provided. I have forwarded this information to the appropriate party for review and we will take a look at it. I do not have an ETA for an update but again thank you for the debugging info you have gathered.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 11USCW24ENA002679.

Sincerely,

Douglas

HTC

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Evo Update 2.3.3. - Compass Problem

Ya know.... this is very strange.
.... I tried it again and it seems to be working OK now.
... can anyone else duplicate this? How could this be??
I'm using Compass by catch.com.
I tried it after the app had an update the other day and it didn't work.
.... today.... it seems to .... very weird.

Can anyone else confirm ?? Also.... if it's fixed... how did that happen???

Journeyman

Try Google Sky, unless it starts working again, it's not fixed.  As I said the google compass app had a fix a few days ago that got it working to some degree.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you give a little more detail on the Google Compass app? Not sure what you're referring to, thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was incorrect.

The compass app I use is now intermittent, not fixed (it's available from Market for free and it's the Compass made by catch.com)

Google Sky is still nonfunctional.

This is still broken

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just received a phone call from Dave at HTC he is forwarding the debug code to corporate. But could not tell me when a patch would be available.

(HTC 866-449-8358 this from my call log)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I lied Ardgeek, I thought it was a compass app BY google, but it's the same one as from catch.com that karenfroniewsk mentioned.  It's most recent update does list

"fix true north on honeycomb" and it was updated post-GB on the Evo.  I could have sworn it was listed as "fix true north on gingerbread".

Either I need to sleep more or it's a conspiracy.

But it does sorta work, but not nearly as well as before, with the most recent update.

Sky is still borked.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd go with "conspiracy." And then take a nap.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat