Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo Update 2.3.3. - Compass Problem

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I tried my tinfoil hat on my Evo, it didn't help either..    

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just adding my compass or apps the need to use a compass do not work on my just updated EVO 4G to Ver 2.3.3. Must be the beta people only use the freakin smart phone as a phone, No one noted that the compass don't work in google navagation?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Evo Update 2.3.3. - Compass Problem

still no update or acknoledgement from sprint or htc?

This appears to be an android problem... the people at xda-developers say to go to this link and star the problem so google fixes it.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=16741

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yep.. same problem with Evo, gingerbread & compass. I first noticed it while using HeavensAbove to track the IIS. I tried using a couple different compass programs to calibrate but no success.

I wish now I hadn't upgraded.

Highlighted
Journeyman

MMS hasn't been working for me and after working Sprint technical support, I had to take my EVO into a Sprint store.  It finally came down to doing a factory reset to try to get MMS working.  Fixed my MMS problem but now my compass is not working and I can't get it calibrated.  It's really bad when I'm facing north and the phone says I'm facing south.  A fix would be nice.    

Highlighted
Journeyman

I sent an email to HTC. I called Sprint. They acted like they'd never heard of the problem and told me to take the phone to the nearest Sprint store. (Perhaps those guys can code up a fix.)

It might also be a good idea to tweet to HTC and Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I seem to be getting the same response from HTC and Sprint even after directing them to the bad code. My devices are used in an enterprise situation therefore; they have left me with no other option except to actively seek a refund and move on to other options.

Highlighted
Wizard

From the link you provided, Google should be aware of the issue.  I've also posted a link to this thread on our internal forums...will let you know if I hear anything.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks. Even though a fix for this might not be under Sprint's control it helps to know someone is aware, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ran a couple quick checks (indoors only) after applying the 4.24.651.1 patch this morning, and both Google Sky Map and the catch.com compass app seem to be working again. Does this mean we can blame the Netflix bug for our compass problems?

Journeyman

Fixed in 4.24.651.1 patch !

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

When will this patch be availble for download?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat