cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo - a warning!

Journeyman

Re: Evo - a warning!

bmarconi1 wrote:

ThisSpaceForRent, Thanks for a clear the especially fair response.

It is my understanding that Google just makes the OS and The OEM and the reseller (HTC and Sprint in this case.) Are responsible for compatibility. (I could be WAY off, but I don't think I am)

The Android community (who shares no responsibility) often creates a custom ROM to fit your phone before the EOM or reseller. If you feel that you need this, go to them. It does not absolve the others of their responsibility, but does get you satisfied faster.

Again, if there is NOT expressly stated updates coming, then no one is responsible. Is there ARE expressly stated updates, then it is whoever stated them that is responsible.

Ultimately I still don't see why any OS updates are even implied to be coming. The reseller needs to support manufactured defects and other problems but adding new functions are just a perk. I guess I just don't expect anything from anyone that doesn't absolutley owe me, and I am grateful when I get something extra.

Sprint does owe you. It is obviously something you want. Therefore the business you are a customer of does owe you that. If they dont give customers what they want someone else will.

While it is nice that you will take whatever they give you. So many will not. Enough in fact that Sprint loses hundreds of thousands of customers each month to Verizon and at&t who both charge more.

Highlighted
Journeyman

tmaxey1

I can't tell if you are serious, or deliberatly just making stuff up that you know is wrong.

You say "Sprint does owe you. It is obviously something you want." Well, I also want a pony. I guess Sprint owes me that too?

Then you say "Therefore the business you are a customer of does owe you that. If they  dont give customers what they want someone else will." While the second part is certainly true, the first is not. In fact, there is a HUGE difference in the two. Sprint is going to make decisions that make some people unhappy. While you may view it as bad business (and that is your right.) it does NOT make them owe you anything. They have teams of lawyers to ensure that these decisions are inside the law. If they owe you and don't deliver they are outside the law. They are as free to make thse decisions as well as you are. If you are happy, stay, if not, GO AWAY, Verizon would love your business. That is how you show your disappointment.. with your money. Not deliberately being obtuse (Google it...) on a forum.Here is a link to the meaning of the word OWE : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/owe. Nowhere does it say that if you want it, you should get it.

THEY DON'T OWE ANYONE ANYTHING THAT THEY DIDN'T PROMISE. You may not like it, but it doesn't change the FACT that it is true. Try taking them to court about it. You will lose. Period. It absolutely is that clear. Again, THEY DON'T OWE ANYONE ANYTHING THAT THEY DIDN'T PROMISE. Before, I was not attacking you, just trying to be helpful regarding the thought that they owe more than they state. But I feel that now you are just being  contrary to waste peoples time. Either way I will not waste any more of mine.

I will not reply to this thread unless you learn the difference between wants and things that are owed. You may live your life how you wish of course, but if you really believe what you say, you will be disappointed more than not and there is no point discussing it with you.

Have a nice day. No hard feelings, but also no more trying to teach Shakespeare to a tree, it will NEVER understand.

-Bill

Highlighted
Journeyman

bmarconi1 wrote:

tmaxey1

I can't tell if you are serious, or deliberatly just making stuff up that you know is wrong.

You say "Sprint does owe you. It is obviously something you want." Well, I also want a pony. I guess Sprint owes me that too?

Then you say "Therefore the business you are a customer of does owe you that. If they  dont give customers what they want someone else will." While the second part is certainly true, the first is not. In fact, there is a HUGE difference in the two. Sprint is going to make decisions that make some people unhappy. While you may view it as bad business (and that is your right.) it does NOT make them owe you anything. They have teams of lawyers to ensure that these decisions are inside the law. If they owe you and don't deliver they are outside the law. They are as free to make thse decisions as well as you are. If you are happy, stay, if not, GO AWAY, Verizon would love your business. That is how you show your disappointment.. with your money. Not deliberately being obtuse (Google it...) on a forum.Here is a link to the meaning of the word OWE : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/owe. Nowhere does it say that if you want it, you should get it.

THEY DON'T OWE ANYONE ANYTHING THAT THEY DIDN'T PROMISE. You may not like it, but it doesn't change the FACT that it is true. Try taking them to court about it. You will lose. Period. It absolutely is that clear. Again, THEY DON'T OWE ANYONE ANYTHING THAT THEY DIDN'T PROMISE. Before, I was not attacking you, just trying to be helpful regarding the thought that they owe more than they state. But I feel that now you are just being  contrary to waste peoples time. Either way I will not waste any more of mine.

I will not reply to this thread unless you learn the difference between wants and things that are owed. You may live your life how you wish of course, but if you really believe what you say, you will be disappointed more than not and there is no point discussing it with you.

Have a nice day. No hard feelings, but also no more trying to teach Shakespeare to a tree, it will NEVER understand.

-Bill

It is painfully obvious i am trying to teach simple business to someone that lacks the ability to understand. You are either not a business man or a terrible failure of a business man.

You have no legs to stand on with your debate so you look up the literal meaning of the word "Owe". Come on seriously? You would rather argue the meaning of the word that try to understand simple business principles. Now i am no longer convinced that you do not work for Sprint. They seem to practice the same mentality.

As far as you wanting a Pony.... If the competition was willing to give away Pony's then Sprint will have to either step up or shut down.

I am having trouble understanding why this concept has you so confused. It's really not that difficult.

If Sprint or any carrier wants to play in the smart phone game then they need to play by the rules that bring success in this game. It's not about court. It's not about legal. And you decided to bring that into the argument because you were severely defeated and had nothing us to go on. Sometimes admitting defeat with grace is better than that poor effort to be right.

I understand you wish not to reply. If i started linking a dictionary page to try to prove a invalid point i would not reply either. But then again i would have never looked so foolish in the first place.

So in summary... As a legal matter Sprint does not Owe us anything. As a Business matter they owe us what we want. Look at the number of customers that have went to Verizon. If the bleeding continues then their will be no Sprint. If Sprint shares in your mentality then the bleeding will continue. It should be obvious how wrong you are by the fact that Sprint has started giving us 2.1 updates. The fact that they have spent any time or money working on it already shows that they also realize the "OWE" it to their customers or risk not having customers.

Nevermind. A dullard with be a dullard.

Good day

Highlighted
Journeyman

"So in summary... As a legal matter Sprint does not Owe us anything."

That is all I was saying, you were misusing the word. "OWE" and "should do it because it is good business" are two different things Thanks for agreeing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The bottom line is that people should be wiser with the Hero 2.1 situation. The problem with passing on the EVO due to the fact that it may take a long time to get updates is that your only choice is going to TMO or ATT with the N1 or waiting for the "next device". Updates with google will always happen so you'll be stuck waiting for a while if you always want the latest update. Does the the EVO meet your needs in its current form? If yes, buy. If no, wait for a 2.2 device but understand that there will 2.3 or 3.0 after that.

Highlighted
Patron

No customer knows if the Evo does what is promised as no one has one., but Dan Hype Hesse already has already promised an update to 2.2. What we do know that this will not be a priorty ...see the "corrected" press release this morning. Will there be problems with the Evo....well yes....can we trust Sprint after its performance with the Hero and the Momment....well no...Are there alternatives?....well yes.....in android-land Motorola and Verizon have performed well...and then there is always the  fruit loopy company phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't see any corrected press release mentioning 2.2

I looked on Sprint.com under press releases.

Where do I need to look?

Could you post a link?

Highlighted
Journeyman

its a very simple solution of doing your research BEFORE you purchase any product. companies are there to sell you a product, not babysit and spoonfeed information. granted thats just my opinion. capitolism is a fend for yourself deal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

lets not forego that warning people. It is two months old, and as 2.2. has it now, it will have 10.1 flash. It has been distributed to all other phones and shall be to the EVO'S.Lets not let the EVO'S go evils.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The N1 does flash and uses essentially the same basic hardware (snapdragon processor). It will do flash, but it may not be as optimized as the Droid X, which has flash hardware acceleration. Basically, we get Flash 10.1, but it won't run quite as well as on the Droid X most likely. Anyways, the problem with everyone here is they want everything, and use rumors to justify their thinking that they are being short changed. Sprint and HTC have already released two MRs, and have promised 2.2 is coming soon, HTC says they plan to have all their newer phones up to it by Christmas, and it will probably be sooner, since as they say, its a much smaller update from 2.1-1 to 2.2 than it was from 1.5 to 2.1. Everyone needs to hold on to their panties. Seriously, ignorant Americans. Gotta have everything I want and even then I will b***h all the way. Get all your acts together. Sprint and HTC are working hard trying to make this phone work great, and so far, I have yet to see any really major issues. Learn to enjoy what you have and be patient for updates. They don't just pop up out of thin air.

Message was edited by: superlinkx

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat