cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo - behind the velvet rope

Highlighted
Journeyman

Evo - behind the velvet rope

Okay I've done work in the computer industry and I must say that I'm finding it hard to believe that HTC and Sprint can't supply people with the product. Are the complaints so numerous that you've placed a hold on the building Evos or is it that you forgot how to make them?  Because after reading reviews and talking to people about the Evo I feel much like I am standing outside a club near the velvet rope. There's a line forming only to entice others into the place. Every thing inside is the same as everywhere else and the people are rude because they can be. There's no customer appreciation, no benefit for patronizing the establishment. Foe or friend pssing off $10 a month to say you own an Evo is not worth it.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

This has been discussed numerous times in other threads here in the community.

There is a global smartphone parts shortage, and the HTC EVO is not the only device affected by it. Between most high-end phones using the same parts, and a massive increase in the number of consumers purchasing smartphones there simply aren't enough parts to make the phones.

The HTC EVO 4G, HTC Desire, HTC Droid Incredible, Google Nexus One, Motorola Droid X, and possibly Apple iPhone 4 (among other issues) are all suffering from shortages on parts. If you don't have all the parts to make the phones you can't build it. So they may have everything but the Wi-Fi chip, screen or CPU and they are stuck until that comes in, there's not much they can do other than try and find another supplier to supplement, which HTC is trying to do.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-20010336-266.html?tag=newsLeadStoriesArea.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have nothing else to say on here because SPRINT IS DELETING MY COMMENTS.

Message was edited by: MichaelEWolfe

Message was edited by: MichaelEWolfe

Highlighted
Wizard

That's odd, I do not see any comment editing except for your name.  We typically only edit comments if they include foul language, threatening statements or are rude to our other Community members.

Feel free to PM me on wjhat you think we edited

Also halcyoncmdr1
is correct there are several EVO  discussion threads so that would be the best place to search or ask questions.

Hope that helps!

Alley

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow that is the first time I've heard  that statement from Sprint. Honestly I have not been actively seeking out the other phone named, but I have not heard about their shortages. Iphone 4 was backordered after the 1st week release however since the phones have been shipped and through it all Apple has offered ship dates. Just one example I'm familiar with because my husband recently purchased the iphone 4.

But indicating that this concern has been addressed in other threads is similiar to the attitude I've been encountering with my local Sprint representatives. I can understand employees having a since of fustration with repeatily addressing the same concerns, but imagine the customer experience of falling into the marketing trap of being e-mailed over 2 months prior to the release of the phone, being teased by the image anytime you log in to sprint.com, receiving notifications about the phone specs, being encouraged to enter to win the phone, but when you are ready to make the purchase the only response you get is soon.

Since this is the rant and rave community, I feel it should be acceptable even expected for multiple customers to express themselves under these circumstances so long as it is done respectfully.

Every week it seems that HTC is releasing a new phone for various networks, it just seems to me that Sprint should begin to feel like its subscribers. Like they are not much of a priority.

Highlighted
Wizard

Sorry if my comments seemed out of line, that is not how they were intended.  I was simple trying to explain that there are several other  posts where you can find information on the EVO and its availability, which is why I moved this thread to the EVO forum.  I wish I had the answer for every question, truly I do, but I do not know what the inventory levels are, so I am hoping that someone here in the EVO forums can help provide more information.

Thanks,

Alley

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat