cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evo not updating software

Journeyman

My Evo doesn't have the latest software build, but searching for updates doesn't find anything. How can I force the update?

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Make sure that you're getting signal and in SprintPCS coverage area. The l;ates  SW is HTC - EVO 4G (A9292) - 3.70.651.1 - 12/13/2010 .If your phone is not updating the sw via OTA(Over the Air). Please visit Sprint Service and  Repair Store to have you device sw updated.

Journeyman

I've tried over 3G, 4G, and wifi. The Software Update application doesn't find anything. I'll take it by a Sprint store. Thank you

Journeyman

Re: Evo not updating software

Oh gosh, why would you want to upgrade to the 3.70.651.1 release??? That was the MR release that messed up everybody's phone.  In fact, there are a few threads where Sprint Admins have stated that the bugs caused by 3.70.651.1 will be fixed by the next MR release which is yet to be announced. If you have the software build prior to 3.70.651.1, I would wait till the next MR is release because this one provides more quirks and bugs on its own (just search this discussion forum and you'll see a ton of gripes about the release).

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem.  My Evo is running android 2.1 and every time I try to update the phone, it says there are no updates available.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat