cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM Radio

Journeyman

FM Radio

What is its sensitivity? Do you catch many stations? Mine finds just one (!!!) strongest station in the city where on my other radios i catch one every 200kHz  which means 50 stations or so. I hear just the noise in the whole band.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: FM Radio

Journeyman

thanks for the idea. Seems the headset must be specific type with the antenna not grounded by the connector. Trying 5 different headsets i have at home, all do not work. But if you pull a bit from the connection, you can find the point where reception start to work much better. So, the specific type connector most probably needed

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's a TRS to TRRS adapter that works great!  A lot cheaper than having to buy a stereo headset w/mic.  Once I used this, I now get 7-bar reception on 16 stations and can use my skullcandy headphones.  And for the record, this is actually an HTC hardware flaw.  They have been soldering the contact pin for the antenna in the slot where the ground is on a TRS plug (sleeve) instead of either the R or L output slots (either first or second ring) which grounds the antenna and makes it useless when using a TRS plug.  Hence, a TRRS plug is needed where the third ring connects to the antenna contact pin.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3331813

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.