cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing a cracked screen

Journeyman

Re: Fixing a cracked screen

For anyone that might read this later, the replacement screen is between $10 and $25 on Ebay. Exact replacement product and comes with some cheap tools to do the task. The EVO 4G does use a #5 torx bit screw however as most used another size it appears. Took me about 30 minutes to do being careful and using online video replacement videos on YouTube. Not for those without patience and steady hands of course but sure as heck cheaper than the place at the local mall repair kiosk ($80) or $100 to Assurion for a refurb that was already someone else's problem anad routed through the Phillipine's for a "factory" fix. My suggestion if money is tight or you like fiddling around is go to www dot repairsuniverse dot com and get what you need and they have HELLA easy written and video instructions.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Fixing a cracked screen

by the by...what did the new screen end up costing you along with tax and shipping and what not?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat