cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickr Uploads Default Permission Issue

Highlighted
Patron

Flickr Uploads Default Permission Issue

I posted this on the Flickr forums originally, but it seems (based on user comments) that it's more likely related to an early-January software update from Sprint.

Beginning somewhere around the turn of the new year, every photo I upload to Flickr via my Android phone is being improperly flagged as "only you can view this photo" even though my defaults are all set to "anyone can view". I also have Facebook connected and it's supposed to be auto-posting my photos there, but due to this issue it's not working. I'm using PicSay Pro (app) and selecting the "anyone can view" option (default) before uploading. Help! I can't figure this out...

PS: The same thing happens when I upload directly from the Gallery (on my phone), and I've confirmed with Flickr that all my settings and permissions on their site are correct.

Message was edited by: J.STENGREN

Message was edited by: J.STENGREN

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Flickr Uploads Default Permission Issue

Testing now.  I assume this is shared via Gallery - view item - menu - share - Flickr?

I've had great luck uploading via email.  Works well for cross posting Flickr content to my blog or Twitter stream.

Thanks...

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Patron

You got it. I go to Gallery > Share > Flickr, then visit my Flickr account on the web, go to the uploaded photo, and look at the permissions... you'll see it flagged as Viewable By Only You as default. Same happens when uploading via PicSay - I assume it uses the same API for the Gallery. I've verified my defaults/settings on my phone, in Flickr, in the Gallery "share" option, etc. Only place left is the Phone OS.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Yup -- confirmed.  Uploaded a photo, explicitly checked 'public', and its private.

Looks like a Flickr bug in how they are parsing things.  Till they get it sorted, the upload by email option does work really well.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Patron

Interesting, because Flickr is adamant that it has nothing to do with them at all. Another Sprint user also posted on the Flickr forum thread that he thinks it's related to an early-January software update. I'll cross-post your reply on my Flickr thread and see what they have to say.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat