ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front LED Notification Light on for Only 5 Minutes?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Front LED Notification Light on for Only 5 Minutes?

Dear htc EVO 4G Forum:

I want to bring up something I'm curious about.

It's regarding the front LED notification light.  It appears as if it'll only flash green for about 5 minutes, as a reminder for a missed call, text message, etc.  After that, it remains off.  I find this characteristic somewhat odd, as it's very easy to overlook an awaiting message.  The only way to check is to quickly turn the screen on.  Of course, that's not a huge deal, but it would be nice to constantly see whether you have a waiting message (for example, upon returning to my desk at work, or during the night, when the phone is silent mode).

So, my question is this:  is there any way to enable this LED notification light to flash constantly (or, at the very least, change the duration of its flashing)?  I certainly can't find a way of doing it in any of the menus.  If this option doesn't exist, perhaps a software update could inocorporate it.  How does one suggest that to either htc or Sprint?

Please let me know your thoughts!

Many thanks, in advance!

Sascha 

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Front LED Notification Light on for Only 5 Minutes?

Are you sure you want something else to drain valuable battery life?

Journeyman

Re: Front LED Notification Light on for Only 5 Minutes?

That's a very valid point, given the EVO's battery-sucking potential, and I've certainly thought about it.  However, I don't think LEDs drain that much battery power, and toggling the phone's screen on/off to constantly check for messages is a much bigger drain on the battery.

I guess, as they say, there's no free lunch! 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat