Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMail app and Market Not Working

Highlighted
Journeyman

GMail app and Market Not Working

Hi All,

This is my first post, and I'm at my wit's end.  This morning, my GMail app stopped syncing, even after multiple manual refreshes.  I unsynced and tried to resync my GMail account and all I keep getting is the black screen saying "Your email will appear shortly."  That's been on my screen for 1 hour.  I next figured I would uninstall and re-install the app, but I can't seem to connect to the Market either.  Am I missing something?  Is it a network error?  The rest of my phone seems to be working fine, as best I can tell.  GTalk is working fine, I have no trouble streaming songs from my home computer with Audio Galaxy, so I have to assume something just stopped working with either my phone, or Google's network.  Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

EVO, 2.2

34 REPLIES 34
Journeyman

Re: GMail app and Market Not Working

I am having the same kind of issues this morning with my EVO.  The Market will not connect and neither will Talk.  I get "A network error has occurred." when opening the market.  Tried 3G, 4G and Wifi.  Seems to only be Google services.  This is frustrating.  First time I have had any issues like this.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues since this morning.  I can't get any of the google related services (including navigating to google.com) to come up at all on my EVO.

Journeyman

Glad to know I'm not the only one having this problem.  Can't access Google.com or android market.  Can still access other websites.  SPRINT, PLEASE TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON.

Thanks.

PS.  If anyone else was having lag issues with Gvoice, apparently there's an update for the app today... too bad I can't access it...

Journeyman

i am in the same situation, i went in to the sprint store and they are ordering me a new phone for pickup tomorrow.

i tried logging into my account on the demo evo and was instantly successful...

Journeyman

Their solution was a whole new phone???  Did they try wiping your phone to defaults first, or do you have data you need to save?

I've had the phone for less than 48 hours...

Journeyman

I wouldn't bother getting a new phone.  This just screams network/routing issue.  The question is- is this on Sprint's side or Google's, and when will it be fixed.

Note: Many others are posting about this on the Android forums as well...

Journeyman

i did a factory reset myself, then they did a hard reset which takes the phone back to the original state it was in when i bought it in july.

after they did the hard reset at the store the rep told me it wasnt the phone it was google... i laughed and walked over to the demo evo and BAMM i was logged into my google account in seconds... so it is the phone. if you cant use google on your android phone then its a phone problem.

i just want a new phone to avoid running into this problem again in the future. i just wish i knew what caused it.

Journeyman

can you provide links to the android forums?

Journeyman

Not sure what going on with all of the Google services and the Android Market as far as the HTC EVO goes, but I wihs Sprint or Goggle would hurry up and fix it.  We should not have to go through such interruptions, as this phone is supposed to be among the elite in Sprints line up.  What a drag.

Journeyman

Did some more research;  Clearly a google issue.  Android users on other providers are having the same issue:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=5596c8f178a26361&hl=en&fid=5596c8f17...

Journeyman

I started have this issue today. When I woke up this morning I unplugged my phone and checked it. Overnight it had received some emails, but by morning it could not. The sync icon keeps appearing for minutes at a time as well. When I saw that sync issue, I restarted my phone, but that had no effect. The sync is draining my battery like crazy too.

I really hope there is a solution that does not involve a completely new phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat