cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMail app and Market Not Working

Journeyman

Re: GMail app and Market Not Working

I just got of the phone with the technical dept myself.  They said there is some type of a google sync outage with the HTC phones.  They also told me it started about 2-3 hrs ago this morning and dont have an ETA on when it will be back up.  totally sucks too cuz i had just reset my phone lol.  I'm using a HTC Hero.

Message was edited by: snugglebunny4life

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

I'm in Chicago on 3G since I can't get 4G inside this building where I work and I'm NOT having any problems with the Market or email.

Thanks,

Joe

Journeyman

Its not just HTC because my samsung moment is toast...

Journeyman

Looks like the problem has been resolved on my end.  All google services are working just fine and I am able to get into Android Market.

Journeyman

Mine is fixed now as well.  Everything is working again.

Journeyman

Likewise.  Thanks for the heads up.

Journeyman

All back to normal on this side as well. Man, it's almost like I can't think about anything else when my phone isn't working right.

Happy again!

Journeyman

All systems go on my end, too!  I don't know what happened.  Maybe Google heard our collective prayers (read: frustrated screams) and zoomed into action.  In any case, it's always good to have someone(s) to commiserate with.

Journeyman

I'm back up and running also.

Wizard

Please note that an outage was encountered where customers would have been unable to access Google services (Andorid Market, Google.com, Gmail, etc..) on some Sprint devices homed to the Ft. Worth HA.  This issue was resolved by a network maintenance action.

Journeyman

One thing that helped me when i had an issue with gmail was opening manage applications and under the ALL section, click on GMAIL and FORCE STOP the app from running. Do the same for MARKET if need be. This will stop the tasks from running and it is REQUIRED for you to restart your phone so they can run normal again . Hope this works.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat