Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMail app and Market Not Working

Journeyman

GMail app and Market Not Working

Hi All,

This is my first post, and I'm at my wit's end.  This morning, my GMail app stopped syncing, even after multiple manual refreshes.  I unsynced and tried to resync my GMail account and all I keep getting is the black screen saying "Your email will appear shortly."  That's been on my screen for 1 hour.  I next figured I would uninstall and re-install the app, but I can't seem to connect to the Market either.  Am I missing something?  Is it a network error?  The rest of my phone seems to be working fine, as best I can tell.  GTalk is working fine, I have no trouble streaming songs from my home computer with Audio Galaxy, so I have to assume something just stopped working with either my phone, or Google's network.  Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

EVO, 2.2

34 REPLIES 34
Journeyman

if it is a google problem why was i able to login no problem via sprints demo EVO?

Journeyman

Maybe I spoke too soon, that post was from ~1 month ago.   Still, there are some individual posts throughout the forum with this issue, but none specify carrier/phone so I doubt they're helpful.  If anyone creates one, post it here so we can pull all info into one place (or two rather, one Sprint, one Google).

Journeyman

that OP was a month ago but look at the last 4 or so comments... all from today. i posted on here as well.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=5596c8f178a26361&hl=en&fid=5596c8f17...

Journeyman

happening with the Moment as well... been on the phone with tech support for an hour and done a hard reset... still nothing...

Journeyman

I won't pretend to the know the full extent of the technical specs for simply opening a web page on a phone, but I promise it's more complex than you realize.  Fact is, only Google services are affected.  I can go to Bing.com just fine.  Gotta be a google issue or a sprint software glitch (in the network).  If not, I'll go get a new phone as well, but I doubt that's the answer.  Also, just because it worked on one phone and not another, doesn't mean it's the phone.  Network problems occur all the time that only affect a subsection of hardware/individuals

Journeyman

Well, hard reset fixed nothing.

I'm still with cmiych1932 on this one, though.  Hardware wouldn't break software like this.  It has to be a problem with Sprint's network or google's services.

Journeyman

I've been having issues with the Google Voice app since last update.  Been following a support thread and discovered that Google pushed out a new version today.  That's how I discovered this issue originally.  Would not surprise me if Google pushed out multiple Android updates on the same day, and thus caused this issue for some users, especially if it's happened before on other carriers (maybe Sprint didn't update something to accommodate the changes).  Regardless, tech support won't know !#@$ about this at this point.  Unless you can get on the phone with an IT manager with Sprint/Google, don't bother.  We're gonna have to wait it out and blow up the web with posts til someone takes notice and gets us a response/solution...

Lets be honest, with the cascading outage a week or so ago and Sprint's history with customer service (though it is actually improving) and Google's approach to the same, I'm preparing myself to be furious when this isn't fixed before I leave for New Orleans tomorrow (4G baby!).

Journeyman

i understand but for it to work instantly on another device has me questioning if it really is a google problem, if anything its a sprint network problem but im getting 3g and voice/sms... so who knows?

Journeyman

My gmail works but the android market is boned and won't stop trying sync.  Killing my battery.  I'm relieved to hear that i'm not the only one with this issue today on the Evo 4G.

Journeyman

I'm seeing the same thing. Data seems to be runnig a little slow as well. The only way to get these apps. to work is to switch over to wifi and everything runs fine again. Although, what's interesting is that my co-workers who have the Epic don't seem to be having any problems at all.

(Colorado Springs, CO area)

I'm running a stock Evo with 2.2. What phones do you all have?

Journeyman

I'm running a stock Moment because I had to do a hard reset because the Sprint tech didn't say anything about other users having issues too...  My phone is usually "not stock"...  but i don't have internet or anything... just phone and texting... with absolutely none of my contacts ... pretty much stinks...

Journeyman

Same issue here. Been messing with my evo 2.2 stocked for over an hour and seems to be freezing up when using 3g data, but when you switch to 4g it works fine. However if I go to any website other than google mobile, it works fine using 3g data.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat