cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Network Failure

Highlighted
Journeyman

Generic Network Failure

I continually have messages not being downloaded because of a "generic network failure." It seems to mostly be from iPhone users. One is on sprint, one is on Verizon and several are on ATT. The kicker was the message that couldn't be downloaded from Sprint Customer Service. All my software is updated and I have restarted my phone (several times) and I am getting very frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Generic Network Failure

Sorry for the inconvenience. “Generic Network Failure” error message is related with data  or voice network. I would suggest you to power cycle the device turn off Wi-Fi and update profile. Try again. Also, can I have your zip code so that I can check if there are any reported outages going on at your location.Let me know.

Thanks

Abe

Journeyman

I did what you suggested but it did not help. My zip code is 77566. I can get all my other text messages, just not the ones from iPhones. I also could not download one from Sprint customer service. This makes me want to change carriers. Also, I see on the Sprint site that there is an update for the phone firmware but my phone tells me that it is up to date.

Journeyman

I have this exact same problem. I recently had my phone replaced by Sprint customer service because it was doing this. That was a complete nightmare. They sent me to a store to have diagnostics performed on my phone, and the store did not notate on my account they had performed the diagnostics. Then Sprint customer service told me they would send me a replacement phone, and after waiting several days for them to contact me they never did. I had to call back and they tried to send me back to a store to have diagnostics performed, and I about lost my mind. It was only after things were escalated to management they agreed to send me the phone which should have already have been sent out. Now I'm having the exact same problems with the phone they sent me, and I guess I'm going to have to start the process all over again.

I use my phone for business and cannot be without the ability to send and recieve text messages. I had to make about 12 phone calls to get a replacement phone, and spent 2 hours in a physical store. Sprint, so far, has done nothing but waste my time and sent me a refurbished phone that was in worst shape than the phone I sent them, because it doesn't respond to my touch half the time. I'm very dissatisfied with this company so far and am ready to switch carriers as well.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat