cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ginger Bread Processor

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ginger Bread Processor

I have one question. Being that this is a htc powered by google. Is the EVO going to recieve the ginger bread processor?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ginger Bread Processor

I am not to sure what you mean by the gingerbread processor. If you are talking about getting the phone to run ginerbread, then it is a possibility. There is still no date on when this will be out (that I know of). However there are some really nice custom roms out there that are built upon 2.3. The new cyogenmod in particular is really good. But, keep in mind that you need to be rooted to install this rom.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Ginger Bread Processor

The real question to ask: Does the phone, as it sits now in the store (or your hand) do what you need it to do?  If so, then buy it.  If not, then look for one that does meet your needs.

No word has been released from HTC or Sprint about an Operating System upgrades to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).  From my reading, Gingerbread offers only marginal improvements over the currently loaded 2.2 Android OS - not going to make your phone twice as fast, or double your battery life.  Some 'nice' features, but nothing game changing.

Thanks for your post!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ginger Bread Processor

I would say more than likely the EVO will see the upgrade. But just like I told people waiting for 2.2 Froyo, its not this huge difference that people are expecting. I see all kinds of complaints from the Epic users still waiting for 2.2. Most of them have no idea what they're complaining about. It's just not that big of a change. After they get it you'll hear "that's it". As a current EVO owner I'm just hoping Sprint comes out with something worth upgrading to. Unfortunately I lose my upgrade April 1st because of the changes to the premier program, my problem is there is nothing better than the EVO to upgrade to. I still think its very wrong that Sprint is taking a upgrade away from people that have already earned it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat