Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gingerbread 2.3 Failure

Gingerbread 2.3 Failure

On Thursday June 23, I received a notification that an update was available. The previous update, unlike most other users, had done wonders for my phone. My battery life was extended, speeds were faster, and nothing was adversely effected. I thought that it could only get better. I was dead wrong.

As soon as the phone rebooted, I got an error message saying that I should unmount an SD card prior to removing it in order to avoid damage. The next thing I know, not only is my SD card corrupt, but not able to be recognized nor formatted.

My battery life is pitiful now. Sitting on standby with all extra antennae turned off, no 4g, no gps, no wi-fi, no bluetooth, My battery drains 40% in 2 hours. With the phone powered off, it completely discharged in 12 hours today. Nevermind that I lost tons of valuable data to me from my sd card, I will back up from now on. Nevermind, that the Sprint rep told me a factory reset would fix everything, and now not only do I have to resetup my google accounts, but reinstall all of my apps and add in their account info. But none of this did any good for my phone. I now have a worthless piece of plastic that says 8gb on it that used to be my SD card. I also have a near useless brick that requires me to be within 2.5 feet of a power outlet at all times.

Can somebody please advise?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

I made a mistake, it was the following version:

Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Thanks.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat