cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gingerbread Update...I can't get it!

Patron

Everyone I know has received the update notification and has already updated their phone.  Why haven't I received the notification?  I tried to manually update my EVO for a few days now and it just states "checking."  Am I doing something wrong???  Help... 

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Master

There could be several different problems.  What is the current software on your device?   Are you able to go to the internet on your device?  Is your device rooted?   You can try a service and repair center and see if they can get the update to go through for you

Patron

Softward # is 3.70.651.1 - Kernael Version (don't know what that is).  I don't know if this phone is rooted or not, this was a new phone sent to me by the insurance co. as a replacement of my original one.  I am able to get the internet and my phone is working properly. 

GrandMaster

either keep randomly trying or just take it into the sprint repair center and have them push it onto your phone.

i would hold off for a little while until they get some things fixed on the new update. but its up to you.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

That is the correct version of the software.  You said you have not received the notification for the updated  and cannot manually update the device.   For the manual update, just to check,  are you going to system updates and then the HTC update correct.    Do you have a gmail on the account?    If the answer to both of those is yes, you need to go to a service an repair store.   

Journeyman

Hello I just switched to sprint from verizon and I got an EVO 4G and its currently runing 2.2 software number 3.70.651.1. I tried and to manually update to gingerbreand and no luck, my phone keeps saying is up to date. I wonder if is defective or something since I read that the update is been out for like 10 days now?

Journeyman

Update: I just turn off my WiFi on the EVO and check for updates again and I just got confirmation of a new system upgrade to 4.22.651.2 I would think that is gingerbread.

Wizard

Use 3G to check for update and make sure you use HTC Software Update in System updates. Once the update popup shows then select to use WiFi to download as it will be faster for you.

Using the Firmware update will do nothing when trying to get Gingerbread.

Patron

I've tried WiFi no WiFi, 3g...still no progress.  I really hate going to the service center, they're super slow.  Thanx for ur help.

Journeyman

I can't get it either keeps saying phone is up to date. Why is it telling me this if it out there?

Wizard

If you haven't gotten the Gingerbread (2.3) update there may be nothing wrong with your phone. Google rolls its updates out, this means that not everybody gets it at the same time. If you haven't gotten it yet don't worry, you will.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat