cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gingerbread update - Call History no longer shows call duration

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to reproduce the problem: Go to People and select a contact. Then go to Call History of that contact using the slide icon at the bottom of the screen.

Call duration is no longer displayed after the update.

Please add a comment if you notice the same issue.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated on the 3rd and just noticed this issue earlier today. Call duration used to be there on 2.2. Any word on a fix from Sprint/HTC?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Gingerbread update - Call History no longer shows call duration

I noticed this right away, and emailed HTC.  Here is the response I received:

"It is our pleasure to provide you with the best possible assistance for all questions and concerns you might have regarding your HTC Evo 4G.

At this time we do not have any information regarding whether or not this function will be restored in a future release; however, your feedback regarding the loss has been noted.  In the meantime, you may also be able to find an app available for download in the Android Market that serves the same purpose.

We apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused"

If enough people e-mail them, I don't see why they wouldn't add this feature back in a future update.

I used http://www.htc.com/us/support/e-mail to contact them.

John

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an open ticket with HTC on this, and many other v2.3 issues, as well. I'm not getting any good answers though. Both Sprint and HTC are telling me that a rollback to v2.2 cannot be done either. Do you guys even bother to test these releases before you push them out?!?!?  Geeez!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

there are 3 different versions of the evo. not to mention thousands of apps that do different things to your phone. most issues usually are caused by the apps on your phone. some not. they can only test so much.

then again you would think there would be a better chance of not having problems seeing as how it goes from google to HTC and then to sprint .

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

+1

Same here, but it's not important for me because I clear my call history on regular basis

If I really want to know the duration of the call, I log in my Sprint account.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I emailed HTC thru the above link (see post no. 2, provided by JEALLEN65).

It's ridiculous a smart phone cant keep a record of the length of every call. I use the phone for business and bill my clients for all phone calls (per every tenth of an hours), so I rely on that call duration log to keep accurate records and invoices.  Often I am unable to manually note the time of a call, so having the call duration record is great.  But regardless of why someone uses this function, it's simply unacceptable that a smart phone cannot (or rather will not) record the length of a phone call. 

Did anyone find an app that works to patch the update and add the function back on the phone?

Highlighted
Wizard

Here is the temporary solution

Install TouchPal Dialer free from the Market. It give you all the info you need and it has the smart search

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cootek.smartdialer&feature=search_result

Highlighted
Journeyman

Another solution is to use the app "Simple Call History" by Szuszu
https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.logicgame.callhistory&feature=search_result

I'm using it now and it shows call history + call duration.

Guess it'll work til HTC / Sprint / Android get their shit together.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, I have emailed HTC regarding this issue as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So much for staying legal and buying apps!.... My favorite app, SPB shell 3d that i paid 14 dollars, does not work at all. Half of my apps either dont work, or just act funny. Apps that operate with compasses like google sky dont work. Call logs not showing. This new update really sucks.  Will never buy another app from the Market ever again. Hope Sprint, HTC, or Google fixes this quick cause i hate to see one of the best phones cretaed so far fade away. Froyo Forever!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just downloaded TouchPal.  Should stop the gap for now.  Thank you for the suggestion.  Curious: Have you found a decent app to bill your calls from your handheld to your time management software?  Thanks again.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat