Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail won't open and force closes

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey everyone,

Since yesterday afternoon/evening my gmail has not been working.  I try and open it and it closes immediately and says that it has an error and needed to force close. 

I tried downloading the gmail app from the marketplace which fixed it for a second until it rebooted the whole phone.  Then it didn't work again.  Anyone else having the same problem with gmail and know of a fix?  I need gmail for work!

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

TSV22387,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with the Gmail application, have you tried clearing the cache/data from the application itself? If you haven't, try going from the main screen to menu > settings > applications > manage applications > select tab at top usually that displays or sorts all applications then scroll down to find the Gmail application and once you click on that there should be a selection for delete or clear cache or data. Let me know if you still experience it after you've tried that please.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat