cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI output on EVO 4G

Journeyman

HDMI output on EVO 4G

I loaded the Skyfire Browser on my EVO 4G.  That browser pipes video over the HDMI port so I can display it on my TV.  It does NOT display any web pages - only the video.  While browsing, the TV says "no input".  When I click on a video link on my phone, a small window comes up on th phone that is then clicked to display the video using Skyfire.  The buffering starts and as soon as the video starts, the phone screen goes black and the video appears on my TV (with good sound).  This has worked for TV shows at cbstv.com and a few other video sites.  Has anybody else found other ways to use the HDMI port to display general video files from the web?

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HDMI output on EVO 4G

This is a bit of a manual process.  But I use firefox on my PC and plugins that will save video streams from youtube and other sites directly to my hard drive.  I then (later) convert them to a format for my phone and copy them over.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat