cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Callers can hear me, but I can't hear them unless I hit speakerphone. Can anyone help?

Journeyman

HELP! Callers can hear me, but I can't hear them unless I hit speakerphone. Can anyone help?

Yesterday all of a sudden I am able to answer a call, however I can not hear the caller unless I hit speakerphone. Does anyone know why this is happening? I do not have a Bluetooth, so that's not the issue. Have tried everything we can think of to solve the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! On my HTC EVO 4g

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Wizard

It's either a software issue or the internal earpiece has failed; most likely the latter. Your best option would be to have the device diagnosed in a service center. If you would like to confirm that it's the hardware rather than software you can perform a hard reset via Home > Menu > Settings > SD & phone storage > Factory data reset. This will, however, delete all the data from your phone memory--contacts, apps, texts, emails and all your device settings. I hope this helps

Journeyman

Re: HELP! Callers can hear me, but I can't hear them unless I hit speakerphone. Can anyone help?

Wow... seriously! This is very discouraging! This is my second EVO I have had to replace. This newest one, is only around 2 months old since I replaced the last one. I am NOT happy so far! I've spent more time dealing with problems on these EVO's! I'd like to just get one that works! Thanks for the advice

Wizard

HTC is now making 27 different cell phones models for the US and has others that are not available in the US.  I think they are having a hard time keeping up with demand while putting out quality products.  The other issue is that people are keeping cell phones longer now (20.5 months average), so we are likely to see more of these problems since cell phones are not constructed to last for years.  See this article from Engadget. My first Evo had a bad samsung microSD card right out of the box, my charger has failed, and my wife's Evo had to be replaced due to a faulty charger port.  This is not a Sprint issue, it is the cell phone manufacturers.  Make sure you get the equipment replacement plan!

Journeyman

it happened to my mom,

take it in and they replace the ear piece.

the evo has an ear piece and an actual speaker,

you just need to replace the ear piece.