Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - SD Card storage assistance

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had to do a factory data reset on my phone... So I moved all my apps and stuff to SD Card.... then I turned it off, took the SD card out and finally did the FACTORY DATA RESET... ok my phone is working normally now... so I put the SD card back in.......... so my question is HOW DO I GET THAT STUFF BACK, Why can't I access it.... When I go to manage applications, it says nothing is on the SD card, but yet it says I'm using 5.3 GB used.... but non of the apps are showing up. Does anyone know how I get that stuff back. Did I do something wrong.  When I hook the EVO to my computer as a storage device, it shows all my stuff, but why doesn't it show my stuff on the phone?  PLEASE HELP

13 REPLIES 13
GrandMaster

Was gonna ask if you did the import/export but now I can't even remember where its at lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Product Ambassador

The applications have to be re-installed. Even when you move it to the SD card, an app still has some 'hooks' into the main phone memory to show that it is installed, to display on the app screen, etc.

You can open the market app on your phone and find the apps again; tap Menu - My Downloads to see all your purchased apps.

Thanks,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
GrandMaster

does that work the same with the free apps people download? or just the payed ones?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Ok, thanks... well since I don't remember all the apps I had, how can I go into my SD card and get rid of some of the stuff... basically clean it up?

GrandMaster

settings>applications>manage applications>on SD card.

Sprint Employee

hello fireguy_63, this applies to any application in the market provided that it is currently available

No longer working Community Response.
Sprint Employee

Hi DASCOPE1, if you are looking to clean contents of memory card it is much easier from your PC, but if you prefer to from phone you should download a good file explorer, I use e strongs file explorer. a few things I'll mention as helpful are first copy the contents of SD card to a folder on pc for backup purposes, so if there are any problems no harm is done. second the apps are stored within SD/Android/data, and each folder for the individual apps are named by the process name for that app, you may delete any remaining that have not yet been reinstalled if you want to reclaim freespace. third there is a folder named LOST.dir, if this folder has contents they are from FSCK, they are files that were associated with a file system error associated to the SD card (generally in android you would have seen preparing SD card followed by a prompt to fix the SD card) if you have files in the LOST.dir folder you may open them using file explorer as image, or audio to see if you can reclaim them, if you need more help please post back here.

No longer working Community Response.
GrandMaster

so as soon as i do a factory reset i can go back into the market and all the apps i had downloaded will be in there? remembering what all apps i had in the first place was my biggest issue with not doing the reset unless i absolutly had to

Journeyman

Thanks RC1024, thats exactly what I needed...

Journeyman

The market seems to remember everything free or paid I've downloaded there.

Go to: https://market.android.com/ log in then click on My Market Account

GrandMaster

so does the market app work just as well or do i have to go through the browser to find them?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat