cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW IN THE HECK CAN YOU UNROOT THE HTC EVO

Highlighted
Journeyman

HOW IN THE HECK CAN YOU UNROOT THE HTC EVO

Ok guys this may sound stupid but its not, it actually happen. I lent my brother my HTC EVO for 10 days he was going out on a trip and his phone got wet 1 day before his trip, knowing he was gone for 10 days didnt want mom to worry so i lent him my phone upon returning from his trip and got my phone back i notice something different about my phone it was ROOT it (jailbreak) i was piss about it and now im looking to unroot the phone i dont want it to be root it at all i cant get the HTC upgrade cause its root it can any one help me please i have a macbook and cant seem to find anything for mac just for windows.

thanks in advance.....

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

Re: HOW IN THE HECK CAN YOU UNROOT THE HTC EVO

That is not true that you can not get the upgrades when rooted, just that you will have to download and install them manually. As far as I know you can even install gingerbread, which is out for the rooted phones (I have read  that news in here, in one of the threads.) So it might not be a bad idea to just leave it like that.

To answer your question, the only way to un-root it is to do a factory restore, which means you will loose everything you have in the phone, but not in the memory card. So if you decide to do that, just backup your info and softwares so you wont loose all of it.

I hope this helps .

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok u mention to do a factory reset on the phone did that already it didnt work took it a sprint store to see if they could help since i did the factory reset it turns out they couldnt help me cause the phone was rooted. would you please tell me how i can do the manual upgrade or use the gingerbread file on my phone using a mac? thanks for the help.

Highlighted
Wizard

The best place to start is XDA development for EVO 4G

Follow the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=653

Read, read, read!!!

You need to search for 'unroot evo' on xda forum!

Good luck!

MM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Go to www.shipped-roms.com. Find and download the appropriate RUU. You'll be unrooted and factory. Then you can do baseband(radio) updates.

Highlighted
Master

I think this link might give you what you are looking for .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=721843

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat