cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO BACK UP THE EVO ON MAC OR PC

Highlighted
Master

HOW TO BACK UP THE EVO ON MAC OR PC

Does anyone know how to back up the EVO? That is everything, programs, contacts, etc.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: HOW TO BACK UP THE EVO ON MAC OR PC

I'm not sure if there is a "one-stop" solution for backing up the Evo (there could be, I just haven't ran into it yet) so I use a couple different apps to backup data (pictures, files, etc) and apps (without user data though). AppBrain will let you sync your list of installed programs, and then if you need to reinstall your apps, AppBrain will automatically download and install all of the apps you had synced with it from the Android market. Lookout Security is an excellent security program (personally I don't know if the app scanner actually does anything, BUT) which will allow you to backup your pictures automatically online, track your device should it be lost or stolen, and even set off an alarm to find it (even if the ringer is off)!! I also store all of my data on the microSD chip and frequently (about once a week) copy that to my computer by connecting the Evo as a USB drive.

Hope that's clear enough, but I'm sure if there's not a "one-stop" backup solution yet, there will be eventually!

Journeyman

Re: HOW TO BACK UP THE EVO ON MAC OR PC

The app "MyBackUpPro" does a nice job of backing up the Evo -- when my charger port failed and I received a refurbished Evo - it restored the whole phone well except it didn't get all of my settings correct and a few apps did not load properly, but all of my data was accurately restored.  You can use that app to back up to the SD card or online. You can set it to back-up every night while you are asleep.  I also copy my SD card periodically on my computer.  I have tried the new HTC Sync for the Evo and have not had much luck with that.  I also back up with the app "Lookout Mobile Security" but have not used it yet to restore, so I cannot comment on that.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat