cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G $49 Price bump for amoled screen PETITION!!

Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G $49 Price bump for amoled screen PETITION!!

If you are one of the many Sprint Customers like me who wishes the HTC EVO 4G would come with a Amoled screen, and wouldn't mind a $49 bump increase added to the Price of the HTC EVO 4G, then Sign this Petition. We still have time to turn this around and get the message to Sprint/HTC headquarters if you are willing to do so...

Message was edited by: jsmart

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G $49 Price bump for amoled screen PETITION!!

As much as I would like that...no one knows how much the phone will cost to begin with. I will not pay over $350 out of pocket (using upgrade) for a phone. Dont get me wrong, this is the phone I want but cost will determine if I get it or not. If this is too pricy,  I will just get a Hero instead.

Wizard

Probably a big waste of time. According to Peter Chou at the CTIA EVO announcement Sprint, Google and HTC have been working on this product since May 2008. I am sure that AMOLED was part of design process and for whatever reason, it was decided to go with LCD. I am not a fan of OLED due to problems I experience seeing the display in sunlight ( our service manager has a Samsung Moment and he has to find shade to read texts) The EVO appears to be a pretty fantastic device in its current form.

dd

Journeyman

So let me get this straight...

We have the worlds FIRST 3G/4G phone (HTC MAX was 4G only), and the America's first 4G smartphone...and you want something better?

LCD, AMOLED, OLED - I really couldnt care! The fact this beast of a phone will cost me an arm and a leg when it launches is good enough. Beside that, WiMAX may not even work out with Sprint, and they may flip to LTE in the next few years. Sure I upgrade every year, but at this point, I think its wiser to take whats on the market, get used to it, learn the quirks of it, and then voice an opinion after REAL WORLD USAGE, then start demanding a different screen, especially one that is subject to issues in sunlight. I dont live in Washington anymore, I live in California, its sunny here 300 days a year, and I expect to see my phone screen in direct sunlight!

Sorry, no petition signing for me, simply because I think I speak for many people - "THIS PHONE IS GREAT ENOUGH!"

Journeyman

yeah I'm with you guys. Nexus one customers have ben experiencing alot of problems with the colors on the screen. this is do to other bacteria integrating with the "alive" pixels. LCD is a tech that has been mastered, and I'm sure that the display on this one will be a great LCD at that. Can't wait for this phone to come out on June 4th! I'll be waiting outside my sprint store hahaha

Jackson

Journeyman

I agree, it doesn't make a difference to me. My Htc Hero's screen is just fine with its current screen. The EVO is a tremendous phone that Im sure rattled many cages!  NO petition from me sorry.

Wizard

June 4th ???? That is still Spring. Summer doesn't come until the 21st. Last I heard was a summer release.

dd

Journeyman

Take that contextually, here's an artical saying best buy will be taking pre orders in May. I have a friend who is close to the matter and it will be the first week of June, which is Summer for me atleast

http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g-straight-sprints-playbook-best-buy-reportedly-preselling-may

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat