cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G .... 7 8 9 keys dont work

Highlighted
Patron

HTC EVO 4G .... 7 8 9 keys dont work

everything works on the touchscreen but....

when i get the number keys on.... 7 8 9 keys dont register at all

it presses 4 5 6 * 0 # ... but not the 7 8 9 line

this only happens when the number pad/dilapad is on the screen

when i try to press it..it doesnt even move... the top or keys below it moves

any ideas?

PRI 2.33_003

Build 5.07.651.1 CL356670

Android 2.3.5

Hardware 0002

Kernel 2.3.35.10-g94d0005

Tags (3)
15 REPLIES 15
Sprint Employee

Re: HTC EVO 4G .... 7 8 9 keys dont work

if it's not corrected by Powering your phone off/on, then I would say it is a touchscreen failure, If you take it into a Service & Repair center they can help you.

No longer working Community Response.
GrandMaster

are you able to select apps that are in that general area once youre out of the keypad mode?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Patron

YES.. the same area is responsive once im out of the keypad mode

GrandMaster

hey RC would it be wise to clear the data on the dialer app to see if it clears this up?

wait for his responce but if he does say go for it it will be under settings-applications-all applications-dialer..

wait for a ok though..worse case scenario it will clear your recently dialed and received call numbers..but i want to make sure thats ALL it will do before you attemtp this.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Patron

thanks fireguy

GrandMaster

no worries..its what these forums are for

Sprint Employee

It may possibly be corrected by clearing data for dialer, and/or sense, but since I haven't run into this situation previously I cannot be certain of the outcome. I agree that it stands to reason that if the problem only occurs in dialer , then it must be a problem with the dialer's saved data, and if that data were cleared then the problem could be resolved. since i do not have this situation documented, and the problem was not corrected by powercycle then this would give something that the store tech could document, for possible investigation.

No longer working Community Response.
Patron

hello guys...

still NO GO on that

ive cleared the dialer....no go

disabled/enabled.....no go

i've also done a power cycle

-----------

i've installed Viber just to be able to dial 7 8 9 keys.... its working with that

---------

Master

You can dial (hopefully) *#*#3424#*#* to get to the HTC functionality test screen. The "line drawing test" will let you run a full screen touch test on the device. If there is a section of the TSP that is dead or unresponsive it will register weirdly when you are drawing on the screen. You will notice the irregularity almost immediately probably.

Patron

thanks much halcyoncmdr!!!

theres a gap with horizontal lines around that area

but when i do vertical line...its letting me draw on it

thanks in advance!

good thing RC deleted his response.. telling to do a facroty reset..

heres my reply to you RC

"

RC...

as an IT/Security professional myself... i really hate when another IT or tech telling me to do a factory reset....

i know that 95% of the time it will resolve the issue...but not the root cause!

for me, no offense, when a tech tells me to do a factory reset.... that tech dont got a clue what he's doing and taking the easy way out"

GrandMaster

in his defense theres only so much that can be done without having the device right in front of you...phones are some of the worst types seeing as how there are so many possibilities because of the apps available out there.

wouldnt be the first or last time that an issue was caused due to a app...then again the FR..even though last resort will help eliminate this...either the phone will still have the issue with absolutley nothing on it...which means the phone...or it will work fine...which then narrows down to app related...only problem then is WHICH app was the culprit.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat