cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G ANDROID 2.2 RELEASE DATE

Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G ANDROID 2.2 RELEASE DATE

Well the wait is over for the 2.2 update I went into the Sprint store today because my facebook contacts will not sync to my phone and guess what the Sprint employee started telling me that on August 14 their will be an over the air Android 2.2 software it didn't answer my question about my facebook contact syncing but I'm glad I stop in to get this news. AUGUST 14 2010 IS THE RELEASE DATE

Well it's official the release date is August 3, 2010

I hope this help those that had problems with all my caps and I do appoligize for that.

Message was edited by: spideytw2010

30 REPLIES 30
Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G ANDROID 2.2 RELEASE DATE

That is good news. But why all-caps? That excited?

Journeyman

?

Master

I'd take that with a grain of salt, Until/unless Sprint announces something nothing is official.

Journeyman

I read this just in time, I was just thinking of rooting my phone. I guess I ill hold off for a few days and see if this becomes official.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i'll belive that if I hear the Desire already got the update

Journeyman

dlimberger wrote:

I read this just in time, I was just thinking of rooting my phone. I guess I ill hold off for a few days and see if this becomes official.

i couldn't wait. if it's true a rooted version will be out in like a day anyway

Journeyman

How often did we hear that 2.1 was coming for the hero and moment by this dat and that date and they were all untrue.

Journeyman

Maybe they had their sound turned down and wanted to make sure we all heard.

I sure cant wait till froyo comes out on the up and up .

I'm certainly not going to root my phone, no need to it works just fine like it is , I actually like sense, no complaints here.

Message was edited by: burrmando1

Journeyman

I hope thats really the date, i am an evo owner' me and my girl both.

What i really want to know is, will sprint block Android 2.2 hot spot feature?

Or will they just cancel out there 29.99 hotspot promotion.  I hope they do,beecause At&t just caped there data speed tp 2GB. and Verizon is soon to follow. If Sprint Keeps there data unlimited, they will get a whole new market of users(new custmers). Sprint has the best plans for the money, and Droid phones are the best interfacing,customizable, and hackable phone out there.

Journeyman

sprint will lock it down. you might get wi-fi tether if you're lucky

Journeyman

i have FRF91 based off CM6-RC1 now... and believe me you will not miss sense one bit!

see the new thread I am about to start

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat