cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G Camera Causing Phone To Reboot

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is anyone having issues with their phone locking up and rebooting while taking photos with the camera? Mine does this when I take more than one photo with the camera at a time. Also, I have noticed the camera quality isn't as good as it use to be. The photos are much darker. And when you use the flash, it takes much longer for the photo to take.

Is there a way to fix this? I am running the latest software. I also did a factory reset to be sure that was not the problem.

PS While I am asking, anyone notice any battery changes since the last update? I go from fully charged to 80% once removing the phone from the charger.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

clear the data and cache on the camera and video app. settings-applications-all. doing the factory reset should have solved that problem but its worth a shot. post either way if it works or doesnt

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks. I tried that too. There is nothing in the cache for the camera or video apps.

GrandMaster

odd. now i cant remember if clearing the cache and data fixed my same problem or if the factory reset did it. and i hate to ask but its mistaken sometimes. by factory reset you do mean it whiped everything back to factory when you first got it correct?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yep. Factory reset. Wiped everything, apps, contacts, accounts, setting, etc. You pull the battery, then reinsert, hit the power and volume down button to get to the menu to erase everything. It was a huge pain, but helped some of the other issues I was having... like a memory problem.

Journeyman

Probably HTC Sense related.... AGAIN.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat