cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G LTE no longer vibrates

Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G LTE no longer vibrates

Hello all,

Recently noticed my phone of 2 years no longer vibrates when set on the vibrate setting.  It does so intermittenly but more often than not, it doesn't vibrate at all.  I ran the HTC function vibrate test and it failed.  Took it to the Sprint store and they told me because I don't have insurance it's going to cost me $70 to replace the motor.  Is that the only option left to me if I don't want to upgrade and switch phones?  Any comments appreciated.  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE no longer vibrates

Try this

just initiate a soft reset. press and hold the power button and select restart. probably just a glitch.

also make sure you have not given control to some other 3rd party app.

If that does not work then yes you will have to pay someone to fix it.

unless you can look online and see what is involved to have it replaced -- You may be able to do it yourself.  Look on Youtube -- see if you can find anything. 

you also can see if there is a little store around your house that may fix cell phones.  These little stores are popping up everywhere.

If it were me I would either replace the phone or just have it not vibrate.

GrandMaster

agreed. if im remembering right the vibration motor inside is connnected to the board with a quick connector type of connection..its always possible that over time of it getting bounced around, dropped etc it finally came loose and came off or just isnt making a good enough connection. a repair store can probably look right at this with a couple removed screws..i recommend THEY do it and not you...not that its under warranty anymore..but at least they know what to look for.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

if it vibrates intermittently then im willing to guess its a loose connection that is barely hanging on.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

MissFormosa,

Hi there. I am sorry to see that this has become a problem. Generally speaking, without the insurance program being active on your account, the $75 fee for Service and Repair is required. I might recommend doing the soft reset that has been mentioned previously. If the device is within the first year of it's agreement, HTC may be able work on this as well.

*Andi R.

Sprint Social Care Team

GrandMaster

actually the poster is posting in the wrong forum anyways..gonna see if they can move this to the HTC EVO LTE forum instead .

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat