Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G Not receiving text messages

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

NOTE: It was in fact Google Voice that was causing the issue with receiving my text messages. No need to respond saying you're going to 'private message' me with help. Thanks to the user below for helping me

Message was edited by: Sunfire0258

23 REPLIES 23
Wizard

Sounds like an issue with Google Voice - did you recently link your phone with Google Voice? If so - there are settings that you would have to change to resolve your issues.

Wizard

First log in to your Google Voice account:

Removing call screening 

If you'd like to answer calls to your Google number without pressing any numbers, simply disable call screening in your Google Voice settings. Here's how:

1. Click the gear icon at the top right of any Google Voice page, click the Voice settings link, and select the Calls tab.
  2. Select the 'Off' radio button option in the Call Screening section.
  3. Click Save Changes.
Journeyman

I am having the same issue. They told me it was an outage in my area and that it would be fixed on the 12th. Well needless to say the 12th has passed, and still the same issue. Once again i was told that it was an outage that would not be fixed until the 18th. I haven't been able to receive picture mail either.

Master

This may be a different issue  I am sending you a private message so I can get some  information form you  we do not want on the public forums so I can research further

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G Not receiving text messages

Yes, I did have Google Voice on my phone. I've used it before and had no problems. But then once I installed it again it started moving all my texts to Google Voice texting which really ticked me off. So I uninstalled it and now I get no texing and I get that call confirm.

Journeyman

I was on the phone with sprint, if you are a FB user there has been a major issues with the stupi android up grade that everyone is loosing text mees notification & we cant even use twitter anymore if we have android we can thank google for fing it up. they gave me a ticket # to take to sprint are they paying my gas to get there

Journeyman

good luck with your private research I have a brother wgo is a computer It and has several on-line business, & he been working on his business network, & a local friend has state contacts with his IT computer tech business, was on line with him last night,  and he been swampe

good luck inspector gadget,  I am going to sleep,

Journeyman

just call sprint not sure what time zone you are by they were helpful they reset phone text & gave me a ticket number to go to  sprint to fix the android app,

let inspector gaget ubove you do there private research,,,, 
I have a brother with a master in computer and a friend with a masters as well.  and they been swamped with work with the android screw up. with google

Helenc724,

Did you ever get your Text messaging issue fixed? If not I may have a solution. Could you please private message me and I will gather more information from you and we can see if what I have will resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Ray

Journeyman

To fix this issue do the following:

1. Go to http://www.google.com/voice

2. Click on the GEAR Icon at the right top corner and click on "Voice Settings"

3. Click where it says "Disable Google Voice on your Sprint phone"

4. Click the Delete Button.

5. Restart your Android Phone.

You should now be able to receive text messages like you did before installing/integrating google voice.

If you want to continue using Google Voice, then you will have to call Sprint and ask for support.

Good Luck

Journeyman

I'm shocked. I signed onto my Google account and there they were, all my text messages I never got. I can't believe Google was hiding my texts from me just because I uninstalled the Google Voice app because I didn't like how much it took over my phone, like disabling my stock messaging app (only for incoming texts) and using the Google Voice messaging. So everything I sent would show up in the stock messaging app and everything other people sent me would show up in the Google Voice app. It was REALLY annoying. I downloaded Google Voice JUST FOR the voicemail. Why are you stealing my text messages? It's so stupid. I'm deleting my Google account and blocking Google Voice if they will let me. This really pissed me off because I thought it was something wrong with my phone. And I missed a lot of important text messages.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat