cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G SD CARD BLANK OR HAS UNSUPPORTED FILE SYSTEM

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had my EVO 4G since October of 2010 and have had the same SD card that came with the phone brand new in the store. I had an issue with my phone and had to get a refurbished phone in the store today. The representative did not insert my memory card into the phone or set it up for me but I did set up my 2 google accounts and facebook and am still missing several contacts and am repeatedly getting the message SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem. I am not sure of why the card is doing this and what I can do to fix it but I had all of my files backed up on my computer but I can't get them back on my phone. I am lost. If someone knows what is going on with this please let me know. When I go to my SD & Phone Storage settings on my phone the only options I have are Available Space and Factory Data Reset which will erase all data on my phone. I am wondering if I should try that because the Unmount SD Card and Erase SD Card options are not highlighted.

1 REPLY 1
Master

Have you tried removing the sdcard and then reinserting it?  It appears from what you have posted that it is not being read properly.

Here is a post about how to get files from computer to sd card

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/73334?tstart=0

The card from the old phone is going to have files on it from the old phone, He would be best to use the original card and just transfer the pics onto it if he's not going to delete the content on it.
If you've gone through placing the old card into the phone(Evo), Plug the phone into your pc and select "Disc Drive", Navigate to the DCIM folder and copy/paste the pics you want to transfer to your pc. Eject phone.
Place the original card back into the phone and again; Plug the phone into your pc and select "Disc Drive", Navigate to the DCIM folder and copy/paste the pics you want to transfer into it. Eject phone.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat