cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G- SD Card Unexpectedly Removed

Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G- SD Card Unexpectedly Removed

Twice within a 20 min period my phone has told me that the sd card has been unexpectedly removed. I have not touched the card at all nor have I taken off the back when this message occurs. When it happens turn off the phone, take the card out and reinsert it, and then restart it. Any suggestions on to what is going on?

2 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: HTC EVO 4G- SD Card Unexpectedly Removed

Hi Steve_P,

Thanks for contacting Sprint Community forum regarding an issue with your Micro SD unexpectedly being removed. I apologize for any inconveniences this issue is causing you and I am happy to assist you further. Do you recall prior to this happening is there an options in your phone being selected to unmount your SD card? Usually this option is found by going to SETTINGS>>STORAGE>>UNMOUNT SD CARD. This sometimes happens if your phone is placed in your pocket or a bag and the options are pressed accidently.

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

GrandMaster

Re: HTC EVO 4G- SD Card Unexpectedly Removed

you have to remember that the sd card that came with this phone is a bit old by now..usually its going to boil down to either a corrupt file causing it or the sd card is on its last leg..download everything onto a computer..reformat the sd card while its in the phone..put everything back...if it takes a while for it to happen again more often than not its the sd card..had it happen to me about a year ago..jumped to a bigger sd card (no real reason other than wanting more room since i was getting a new one anyways) and have yet to have any issues.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!