Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G Update 2.3 Error while installing

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone was having this same problem and/or if anyone how to fix it. The update installed to 100% before I tried to install it. Right after the phone powers off and turns back on, the update begins installing. About a quarter way through the install, i get the android guy with the exclamation mark (link of image below) and the phone freezes!

http://www.ihelplounge.com/.a/6a0120a619c18e970c014e5f758855970c-800wi

I have retried about a dozen times and no luck! Its kind of annoying because the phone keeps prompting to do the update but it cant. The prompt stays in the status bar and notifications. I really want to update my phone, what should I do?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

edit: "The update downloaded to 100%" not 'installed'

Journeyman

same happen to me

Journeyman

is you're phone "ROOTED"??

Journeyman

mine said something about (cant read signature) or something.

Journeyman

Re: HTC EVO 4G Update 2.3 Error while installing

same thing happened to me and to no luck my phone is still on 2.2

editSmiley Surprisedkay so apparently i was partially rooted...and thats y the update wouldn't install...anyhoots i used zedomax video from youtube and unrooted it fully and back to stock and am now running the latest software

Journeyman

mikerza wrote:

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone was having this same problem and/or if anyone how to fix it. The update installed to 100% before I tried to install it. Right after the phone powers off and turns back on, the update begins installing. About a quarter way through the install, i get the android guy with the exclamation mark (link of image below) and the phone freezes!

I have retried about a dozen times and no luck! Its kind of annoying because the phone keeps prompting to do the update but it cant. The prompt stays in the status bar and notifications. I really want to update my phone, what should I do?

Thanks

This problem seems to be happening only to people that rooted their phone.  This was pointed out in the official release thread.  If I were you, I would unroot your phone and get it back to the official sprint release version.  If that doesn't float your boat, go download the rooted version of the Gingerbread release and see if that works.

In my opinion, rooting your phone isn't worth the hassle that comes with it.

Journeyman

No my phone isn't 'rooted'. I don't even know what that means

Journeyman

Did you buy the phone on craigslist or from someone other than a retail chain?  Just because you don't know what rooted is does not mean your phone isn't rooted.  Did someone work on your phone for you?

Journeyman

No it was purchased and shipped directly from sprint. I did some research to see how to check if it is rooted and it's not.

Journeyman

My phone was purchased directly from Sprint when the evo first came out, and no one has worked on it. My phone  does the same thing during the installation process. I have up after the 10th try.

Journeyman

mikerza wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Have you tried factory reset and formatting the SD card.  After doing that then trying to do the upgrade?  If that does not work, I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat