cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G- Voicemail not working

Journeyman

HTC  EVO 4G, got it, love it! But, the voicemail  client is not working. Crazy, it was working, but just stopped. I have  to call for my voicemail now, sucks! Any  ideas?!

20 REPLIES
Master

Re: HTC EVO 4G- Voicemail not working

Tap the voicemail app, Menu, Compose, Record(Just a few seconds), Send to  activate@vvm.sprint.com.... that is v v m,  Once you send it give it like 2 mins and if you have any messages in the mail box they will all come through.

Highlighted
Journeyman

that did it, thanks!!!!!

Journeyman

You are a genius....I was on the phone with Sprint last weekend for over 45 minutes with no resolution....I took the few steps you posted and bam all is good in my EVO world.....thank you so much for posting this!!!!!

Journeyman

WOW.  Something so simple, yet solved the issue.  I too had been working then not.  Struggled with sprint support over a 2 week time span.  this fixed it.  I didn't have a log on for this community but created one JUST BECAUSE OF THIS POST!!!  Thank you.

Scott

Journeyman

I found this to work very well, received 47 voicemail messages!  But, I had to Power Off for a few minutes before they started coming in.

Journeyman

TRIED THIS TWICE,  STILL DON'T WORK....  HAVEN'T HAD VOICE MAIL SINCE GETTING EVO.... JUST A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED.

Master

If that is not working for you then there must be something else wrong, Call Sprint or take it to a Service center to have them evaluate what the issue could be.

Journeyman

I have been having the same problem with my voicemail where i couldnt get them and i had to call to even find out that i had any. I tried this email thing to my voice mail and now it works. Thanks a lot for the tip. I sat on the phone with support for an hour today for them to say they fixed it and it should work with in the hour. ten hours later nothing worked still until i tried this and it worked within a min. Thank you for the help.

Journeyman

Was getting msgs just fine for 8 months and then my voicemail notifications starting getting buggy in the past week: I get the one that requires I call in to get messages and only sometimes a ntifcation from the visual voicemail client. Just checked settings and all looks normal--I never changed anything.

The only thing that sort of coincides with the issue is that I tried to sign up for the voice-to-text service and that was a fail: the process never completed on their end.

Anyone else with this issue? It's driving me crazy to have to call in for voicemail and listen to them read #s to see who msgs are from...

Journeyman

ok for those of you who just can't figure it out. i tried this and it finally worked.

make sure you turn off handcent (or what ever it is ur using) as your default sms system. settings>application settings>default messaging application. (default is disabled)

then do the few second message to activate@vvm.sprint.com.

i thought i was cool enough to know what i was doing. lol... but i realized im as cool as the sun's f@rt. anywho ... if you figitted with your handcent settings or 3rd party sms app, and can't figure out why vvm stopped working. try that!

Journeyman

Brilliant!!! Thank you!!!!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.