Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC EVO 4G & Windows 7 Pro

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC EVO 4G & Windows 7 Pro

Hello,

I used to be able to connect my HTC EVO 4G with my Windows 7 Pro laptop. But for the last few months, I were not able to. Several times it said the passkey is not correct so cannot connect to my laptop. Now my HTC EVO 4G was added onto the device list successfully but was not able to find the device driver.

Does anyone know what could the problem be? If it's the driver issue, where can I find the driver for my HTC EVO 4G so I can connect it with my Windows 7 Pro laptop.

Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.  Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: HTC EVO 4G & Windows 7 Pro

I'm guessing you recently had shine Endured updates around the time it stopped working.

Try downloading the most recent HTC Sync software, which should contain the newer drivers. See if that helps.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Hi smotrs,

Thank you for your reply. What do you mean by "shine Endured updates"? I searched in my laptop and found that I still have the 2.0.40 version of the HTC Sync Manager (the latest one 2.4.11 is not compatible with HTC EVO 4G, only 4G Lite). But somehow it was not installed. So I installed it and now my HTC appeared in the Bluetooth Device list and also I was able to open the Control option. I clicked CONNECT but nothing happened.

When I click "Scan for Devices" in my HTC, it found my laptop with "Pair with this device" option. I clicked it and it started the pairing process. Then a "Bluetooth pairing request" window appeared and asked me to confirm that my laptop is showing the passkey: xxxxxx. But I don't see any windows opened in my laptop indicating any passkey. Out of curiosity, I decided to click "PAIR' from one of the pairing windows and the following error came up:  There was a problem pairing with "My PC name" because the PIN or Passkey is incorrect.

So my question is, how do I reset the Passkey in my laptop so my HTC will recognize it? I searched around and couldn't find any solution.

Any kind assistance will be much appreciated.

Journeyman

OK, I figured out there's nothing to do with HTC Sync. For some reasons, my Bluetooth driver disappeared from my system. I went to Dell Support and downloaded the appropriate driver. As soon as I reboot my system, my Bluetooth recognized the HTC EVO 4G and everything is working properly now.

I have no idea and and why did my Bluetooth driver disappear. Maybe one of the MS Updates got rid of it somehow.

Master

Very possible, glad you figured it out.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Hey, Smorts.

Thanks for the great troubleshooting steps!

thank you,
*Paida

Master

Wow, I never saw an update to this thread. Sorry. I meant to say, 'some Windows updates'. Sometimes the phone has a mind if it's own when typing messages out.

--

Master

Let me try that again. I never saw that msg on this thread.

--

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat